Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

£37.00 plus booking fee for a game live on terrestial TVis not realistic IMO.

Fact. If the crowd is around 20k the club will have got it wrong. Better to have a full stadium on lower prices than nearly a third of the ground empty at the prices charged.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If I had bought my house thirty years or more ago with mortgages as they were then I would have a fabulous asset now and have money spare. Sadly I purchased a couple of years ago with relatively extortionate financing (there is no such thing as free money even if it is someone else's) and negative equity while costs are escalating at a frightening pace.

I guess I could blame all and sundry but it wont change anything.
Terrible having to live in the real world. Maybe I should join you guys in your little bout of escapism and dream that none of the pressures of the last decades really happened. That'll work wont it?!

We are not in the Bundesliga. We are not in Germany. We do not share their history or economic status. We are Brighton and have a financial history of our own.

And normal ticket prices (not increased for sure - just not reduced) are entirely realistic if 20K or more people pay them. It would need more than our current capacity to match the same revenue at reduced prices.

Oh, and 44 percent of STH who post on NSC are not going.

Are they all wrong too?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just received this email from the Club.

'Dear Super Steve Earle

Tickets are still available for Albion's FA Cup third round tie with Newcastle United at the Amex, this Saturday at 12.30pm.

Gus Poyet's Seagulls will be looking to repeat their cup heroics against the Magpies in the fourth round last year.

Family tickets are available for this game, with an adult and two children family tickets from as low as £37. For full details click here.

To purchase call the ticket office on 0844 327 1901, buy online or visit the ticket office - either at the Amex or on Queen's Road.'

So obviously not quite sold out yet.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

. It would need more than our current capacity to match the same revenue at reduced prices.

Maths not your strong point obviously. 27k paying an average of £25 brings in more money than 20k paying an average of £30.

I for one will be very pleased if we draw a poorish crowd as it will send a message to the club that we wont be taken for a ride if prices are too high.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Maths not your strong point obviously. 27k paying an average of £25 brings in more money than 20k paying an average of £30.

I for one will be very pleased if we draw a poorish crowd as it will send a message to the club that we wont be taken for a ride if prices are too high.

Plus what the extra 7,000 would spend on the day at the ground.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just received this email from the Club.

'Dear Super Steve Earle

Tickets are still available for Albion's FA Cup third round tie with Newcastle United at the Amex, this Saturday at 12.30pm.

Gus Poyet's Seagulls will be looking to repeat their cup heroics against the Magpies in the fourth round last year.

Family tickets are available for this game, with an adult and two children family tickets from as low as £37. For full details click here.

To purchase call the ticket office on 0844 327 1901, buy online or visit the ticket office - either at the Amex or on Queen's Road.'

So obviously not quite sold out yet.

I've just got the same email. Three times.

The club are absolutely bombarding every channel available with this message in a horribly spammy way.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Unsubscribe yourselves from their mailing list, simple.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
when you find out how to go back in time to 1970's pricing etc please do let the realists among us know.

Germany not in the 1970s, infact their football grounds, teams and international sides are DECADES ahead of ours, without the extortionate ticket prices.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Me and Mrs Earle are both STHs, but looking forward to watching in the comfort of our own chairs in the warm with the drinks and food of our choice, previews and reviews and a bit of unbiased (maybe) opinion on how we are playing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I will MERRILY refuse to pay extortionate ticket prices whilst deadwood like Vicente sit around collecting their 10k+ per week form the club. I will say again, the fact we are selling out doesn't alter the fact that prices are extortionate. Even if we win 5-0, it will still not be worth the money being asked.

Do you have a basic understanding of the laws of Supply and Demand. There will always be people who think every price the club charge is extortionate. Proof will be the gate on the day, not your or my opinion!

Home friendlys and home cup games are part of the 1901 deal. Plus programme and 1/2 time tea/coffee. Not sure on what percentage if any is paid to Newcastle/FA.:)

I suspect there will either be an agreed value between the two clubs or the Albion will have nominated a price at the start of the season. I suspect the former.

Real Madrid tickets start at €18 for their upcoming match at the Bernabeu against Real Sociedad.

And how does that differ from their normal prices.

Oh, and 44 percent of STH who post on NSC are not going.

Are they all wrong too?

44% of posting STH is unlikely to be reflective of 44% of actual STH. A very small minority of STH are likely to be those posting. Also, do you know that all STH voted?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Do you have a basic understanding of the laws of Supply and Demand. There will always be people who think every price the club charge is extortionate. Proof will be the gate on the day, not your or my opinion!

For the third time: The fact we are selling the tickets at extortionate prices doesn't alter the fact that they are extortionate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

For the third time: The fact we are selling the tickets at extortionate prices doesn't alter the fact that they are extortionate.

Bloody students.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Reckon it would have sold out if it was a new opposition like Everton, Man City, Man U, Arsenal at these prices. Will be 7,000 empty seats but will probably be 50% more than any other championship club home FA cup attendance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Reckon it would have sold out if it was a new opposition like Everton, Man City, Man U, Arsenal at these prices. Will be 7,000 empty seats but will probably be 50% more than any other championship club home FA cup attendance.

It'll be amongst the largest crowds of the round which is great, around 22-23k I guess, but would no doubt have sold out if not on TV and against a side we saw in the cup just last year.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Looking on-line was pleasantly surprised what is left. If this is reflected in the WSU then should be a crowd in excess of 23K. Pretty good given all of the factors already mentioned on NSC. Not really bothered if fans are unable to attend, enjoy the game at home.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
We can see there is a total of 815 tickets left (http://amextickets.azurewebsites.net/) for the Newcastle game

Link has gone sour, now just reports:

-------------------------------------
I am working with the club to see if this site has a long term future.
I am pulling the site until it is determined if the site should continue to operate.

© 2013 - Another Berkshire Seagull
--------------------------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here