Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I will MERRILY refuse to pay extortionate ticket prices whilst deadwood like Vicente sit around collecting their 10k+ per week form the club. I will say again, the fact we are selling out doesn't alter the fact that prices are extortionate. Even if we win 5-0, it will still not be worth the money being asked.

Vicente turned up at the hospital to give Xmas presses to the sick Husty. His dare you say he's not a valued squad member!!

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
can't be arsed to trawl 10 pages but do 1901'ers get their ticket for cup games for free? if so we will probably record full take up for 1901 in attendance figure and have to pay NUFC 45% of the notional cost of a 1901 ticket.

Home friendlys and home cup games are part of the 1901 deal. Plus programme and 1/2 time tea/coffee. Not sure on what percentage if any is paid to Newcastle/FA.:)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will MERRILY refuse to pay extortionate ticket prices whilst deadwood like Vicente sit around collecting their 10k+ per week form the club. I will say again, the fact we are selling out doesn't alter the fact that prices are extortionate. Even if we win 5-0, it will still not be worth the money being asked.

when you find out how to go back in time to 1970's pricing etc please do let the realists among us know.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Must admit I'm pleasantly suprised. Still think the tickets r a lot tho in some areas..

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Actually I just had a quick look to see what's available.

Anyone fancy a seat in the west lower? Only £41.00 including the booking fee.

I notice WSU still not on sale, wonder why?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Try the Bundesliga in the year 2013

£37.00 plus booking fee for a game live on terrestial TVis not realistic IMO.

If I had bought my house thirty years or more ago with mortgages as they were then I would have a fabulous asset now and have money spare. Sadly I purchased a couple of years ago with relatively extortionate financing (there is no such thing as free money even if it is someone else's) and negative equity while costs are escalating at a frightening pace.

I guess I could blame all and sundry but it wont change anything.
Terrible having to live in the real world. Maybe I should join you guys in your little bout of escapism and dream that none of the pressures of the last decades really happened. That'll work wont it?!

We are not in the Bundesliga. We are not in Germany. We do not share their history or economic status. We are Brighton and have a financial history of our own.

And normal ticket prices (not increased for sure - just not reduced) are entirely realistic if 20K or more people pay them. It would need more than our current capacity to match the same revenue at reduced prices.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I've no idea why there's no booking fee if you buy in person :shrug: But it's always been the case since they moved to the new system.

A separate company handles the bookings online, it is not run by the club. The separate company charge a fee which covers their costs and gives them their income / profit.

Buying at the club means you arn't buying from this other company, hence no booking charges

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
£37.00 plus booking fee for a game live on terrestial TVis not realistic IMO.

We feel no guilt or fear of missing a giant killing, by saving £60 and watching it from 10 camera angles from the warmth of home.

We went last year and Buckley gave us a night to remember, but for the moment am happy to stick to the bread an butter of league games.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We feel no guilt or fear of missing a giant killing, by saving £60 and watching it from 10 camera angles from the warmth of home.

We went last year and Buckley gave us a night to remember, but for the moment am happy to stick to the bread an butter of league games.

How much were the tickets last year?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If I had bought my house thirty years or more ago with mortgages as they were then I would have a fabulous asset now and have money spare. Sadly I purchased a couple of years ago with relatively extortionate costs and negative equity while costs are escalating at a frightening pace.

Terrible having to live in the real world. Maybe I should join you guys in your little bout of escapism and dream that none of the pressures of the last decades really happened. That'll work wont it?!

Usually i enjoy reading your posts, but What the hell has that got anything to do with it?

An adult ticket in the mid seventies in the north stand cost £0.70

That, in today's money is £6.66

Sure, football has changed, but just because some of us think that paying up to £41.00 is too high it doesn't mean we're wrong.the club is not always right.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I had bought my house thirty years or more ago with mortgages as they were then I would have a fabulous asset now and have money spare. Sadly I purchased a couple of years ago with relatively extortionate financing (there is no such thing as free money even if it is someone else's) and negative equity while costs are escalating at a frightening pace.

We are not in the Bundesliga. We are not in Germany. We do not share their history or economic status. We are Brighton and have a financial history of our own.

And normal ticket prices (not increased for sure - just not reduced) are entirely realistic if 20K or more people pay them. It would need more than our current capacity to match the same revenue at reduced prices.

Unfortunately it's a subjective argument (as are they all) and your view of it is no more valid than mine or Mellor/Ward, whether 20k people are willing to meet the asking price or the stadium is empty. Enjoy the game.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A separate company handles the bookings online, it is not run by the club. The separate company charge a fee which covers their costs and gives them their income / profit.

I know, read my previous posts.

Buying at the club means you arn't buying from this other company, hence no booking charges

Doesn't explain the booking fee you are charged if you do it by phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here