Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle takeover?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You missed Withdean because the Amex is keeping in line with every other modern Stadium?

Nope, because it holds fond memories of simpler times following the Albion and I occasionally miss it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very good point but mine was slightly different, in so much as they have been doing a Man City and Chelsea long before Man City or Chelsea were ever seen relevant.

I think we’re all agreed then.

ManU have always topped the club income league, by being ahead of the game on commercial income from unconnected third parties.

Enabling their huge spend on players going back 35 plus years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does this include getting rid of the foreign players too? MOOT point I think :wink:

Well, the players are servants of the club, aren't they? ???

Even PPF is happy with foreign fruit pickers in Kent, as long as they are sent back home after the harvest.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think we’re all agreed then.

ManU have always topped the club income league, by being ahead of the game on commercial income from unconnected third parties.

Enabling their huge spend on players going back 35 plus years.

They still have a huge amount of money in the pot, much like Real Madrid and their Government backing. When the Glaziers bought them they paid themselves back immediately on the back of the banks lavishing them. That left them 700 mill in debt from day one, but no bank will say no to Man U.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A fair chunk of their money though, I believe, comes from them essentially whoring out every piece of commercial sponsorship they can. One report last year has them generating ~£238m from 68 commercial deals and that's even more astounding considering their dip in relevance league-wise. If they're doing that every year, and one assumes they'll end up generating more, it's easy to see how they can afford big money players.

ManU have had a global reach since the fifth Beatle brought glamour to the club devastated by the tragedy of Munich and the loss of the greatest England captain the world would have ever seen. Anyone who does not support Manchester United is unpatriotic and, frankly, knows nothing about football. Fact.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Surely they can't do a "Man City" as they will need to be in line with FFP and P&S?

I thought City started spending big before the FFP and P&S came in hence why they can take the p1ss now?

There would need to be some serious cash injection from sponsors and can't see them being able to pull it off to the heights that City have and gotten away with.

I admit I could be completely missing something and not understanding it correctly.

Jul 7, 2003
Let's try to look for a positive in this. Maybe, with all this money, they will actually invest in a stadium where away fans can get to their seats without needing Sherpas.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Could Newcastle be the new Man City ?

Another oil-soaked Arabian takeover in the offing then, from the cousin of Sheikh Mansour at City, who is about to buy the geordies for £350m.

If this deal goes through then it goes without saying that the FSW will stay there. Given limitless funds ("within FFP"), with that stadium, manager and fanbase, this could potentially launch Newcastle into being serious top 6 challengers. In a way I'm surprised that this hasn't happened sooner, that club has massively under-achieved for decades.

If they get some serious arab money behind them, they could be huge. Man Utd are in freefall, Arsenal drifting. Wolves are resurgent, could Newcastle gatecrash the party ? We might be seeing a proper shakeup over the next few seasons.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's all about Nigel Farage becoming Palarse new manager.

I don't think there is a Chrystal Palace Cricket Club to manage. Especially not an incorruptible, salt of the earth, man-of-the-people one.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Surely they can't do a "Man City" as they will need to be in line with FFP and P&S?

I thought City started spending big before the FFP and P&S came in hence why they can take the p1ss now?

There would need to be some serious cash injection from sponsors and can't see them being able to pull it off to the heights that City have and gotten away with.

I admit I could be completely missing something and not understanding it correctly.

Brown ale and stottie cakes. Does that not mean anything to you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here