Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I also think one thing that may put people off this, apart from the ticket price is how Gus sees the game.

If we are up the league challenging for playoffs, is he going to put out a full first team?.....if he is not then I think charging a full price is a bit much ( and Gus has form here I seem to recall) to see a reserve side

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Sorry, the prices are a piss take - Tkts should have started at £20 in the North Std - now we wont fill the ground and will be lucky to get 20K - Joke!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
One way or another, this thread is destined for a big bounce at 12.30 on the 5th Jan when we'll see just how many are in their seats (or, in some cases, standing in front of them).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems very expensive but will go

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
One of the reasons the Albion will get paid by the tv company is to offset any attendance losses. I will be surprised if they get over 20,000. So if they are 7000 punters short, they will lose a potential £210,000 ish. I won't be going due to cost of 2 tickets, time and the opportunity to watch a match in peace without the inane comments of the idiot who sits behind me in ESL.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I also think one thing that may put people off this, apart from the ticket price is how Gus sees the game.

If we are up the league challenging for playoffs, is he going to put out a full first team?.....if he is not then I think charging a full price is a bit much ( and Gus has form here I seem to recall) to see a reserve side

Gus always sees a game against Premier league opposition as a chance to see how his team compares to a top division side.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I won't be going due to .......... the opportunity to watch a match in peace without the inane comments of the idiot who sits behind me in ESL.

You never know, he might not be going to avoid the miserable git that sits in front of him.

:wink:

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Being live on TV, it will good to see and hear the stadium and game on TV for a change, in the warm of home.

The club's pricing has failed to take this competition into account, or that Newcastle simply aren't the draw of say ManU, LFC, Arsenal.

Not bothered. Just saved some hard-earned money.

Mar 15, 2009
Brighton
Don't both clubs have to agree ticket prices for FA cup games, as revenue is split? Also did anyone expect any less than full match day prices, based on the opposition ?

The same moaners, that moaned Chelsea would be 'empty' no doubt. Some people have a real shock if we ever get to the Premiership.

Not really a shock, as it will be the Premiership not the FA Cup. I'm out at that price!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Then sit in the £28 seats, seeing as loads on here apparently aren't going, there should be plenty to go around !!

£28 is a reasonable price I think.

£30 you forgot the booking fee

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only 800 tickets left. Looks like Barber and the Club have got this bang on.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Sorry, the prices are a piss take - Tkts should have started at £20 in the North Std - now we wont fill the ground and will be lucky to get 20K - Joke!

Lucky to get 20k?? Whose the joke??

Im going, with my daughter, usual seats in the family stand for this one (prices are £29 & U10 £4). It is each to their own, I have chosen to purchase these tickets but for example couldnt afford to go to many away matches with the cost of ticket, travel, food etc. Some fans cant afford season tickets so do occassional match tickets. Some cannot afford at all so listen to the radio etc.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
am I missing something?

why would they reduce prices for an attractive cup tie that will doubtless sell out?

Pretty sure the same conversation happened last year. :rolleyes: It'll be full. Those are the standard prices.

Don't understand why people are so shocked about this? They're the same prices as a home game v Barnsley. Also the same prices as Newcastle the same time last year and Chelsea at home this year. It will sell out.

Guessing the Geordies are taking a 3000 allocation to include half the south, SE corner and the 2 ESL blocks (S1A and S1B) as there is no mention of ESL ofr home fans.

It will be a sell out

Price is only what people are prepared to pay. If you think it's too much, then don't buy one. If everyone thinks its too much then the ground will be empty and they'll have to reduce the prices next time. Lesson learnt.

I suspect it will be full though.

Ah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here