Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Anyone remember the Wrexham FA Cup game last year? I know Wrexham are no Newcastle United, but I think I paid something like £25 all-in for myself, the missus and our two kids.

It will cost me £130 to take up our WSU tickets for me, the missus and the 3 junior PGs (one is an adult ticket). I would much prefer to go to the Amex but when it is live on ITV it just makes no financial sense. Sad, as it will be the first Amex game I will miss.

I also didn't like the way the Club pushed the auto-enrol cup scheme without making it clear that STHs would still be able to secure their seats even if they didn't join this. And before the prices were published. Duplicitous (once more).

I just think the club has got this wrong. Sensitivity to price is proven to be most acute when there is 'the availability of a close substitute'. You can't get a much closer substitute than being live on TV! If we get more than 20k then fair enough, I'll eat humble pie. But I fear the soft underbelly of our support will be exposed here.

PG

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It will cost me £130 to take up our WSU tickets for me, the missus and the 3 junior PGs (one is an adult ticket). I would much prefer to go to the Amex but when it is live on ITV it just makes no financial sense. Sad, as it will be the first Amex game I will miss.

I also didn't like the way the Club pushed the auto-enrol cup scheme without making it clear that STHs would still be able to secure their seats even if they didn't join this. And before the prices were published. Duplicitous (once more).

I just think the club has got this wrong. Sensitivity to price is proven to be most acute when there is 'the availability of a close substitute'. You can't get a much closer substitute than being live on TV! If we get more than 20k then fair enough, I'll eat humble pie. But I fear the soft underbelly of our support will be exposed here.

PG

Much as I feel everybody should be going "Newcastle in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup! 1983 revisited! Can't wait!" you (and others) have a very good point. It will be extremely interesting to see what the attendance is, anything over 20,000 will be very good.

Albion15

Nov 19, 2012
don't think I'll be going - my ticket is £37.00, one on hand i really want to support my team, on the other it's just after xmas so no doubt my wallet have been abused enough already. I'm also gettting a bit annoyed that despite having sold the most number of season tickets in the CL it hasn't spent much of it on players.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm struggling to understand why people are saying the tickets are too expensive for just after Christmas? You won't be buying your tickets "just after Christmas" surely? It's not POTG is it. You'll be buying them pretty much now-ish if you're going..

Unless I'm missing something. (oh and don't say "petrol, food, drink, blah blah", because I said tickets.)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm struggling to understand why people are saying the tickets are too expensive for just after Christmas? You won't be buying your tickets "just after Christmas" surely? It's not POTG is it. You'll be buying them pretty much now-ish if you're going..

Unless I'm missing something. (oh and don't say "petrol, food, drink, blah blah", because I said tickets.)

:facepalm:

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham

Personally, i`ll be paying off Christmas in January. I live off my monthly budget so £37 in the longest financial month of the year on a game that`s on TV when i believe like a lot of others if the club had slightly reduced the prices to say £27 most people would go, I think it`s the principle.
I never thought i would ever miss a game for these reasons but the cold reality is i could do with saving the £37 in my pocket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Personally, i`ll be paying off Christmas in January. I live off my monthly budget so £37 in the longest financial month of the year on a game that`s on TV when i believe like a lot of others if the club had slightly reduced the prices to say £27 most people would go, I think it`s the principle.
I never thought i would ever miss a game for these reasons but the cold reality is i could do with saving the £37 in my pocket.

I like the way you describe a 27% price reduction as 'slight'!

With regard to those who keep stating 'my ticket is going to be £37 or £39' etc, wait until they go on general sale and get a £28 ticket in a different area.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
So guys , what is a fair price to pay , given that its a premiership side ?.. I don't see why such a fuss the club are not going to give tickets away and if it were a normal championship game you would be expected to pay those prices so why the big deal . I could also understand if it were lower opposition to lower the prices , but is not !

Given over to the fact its on TV, and immediately after xmas, I don't think that £20-£22 flat rate would be unreasonable. I can't see the logic in paying 2/3rds of the cost of my ST to see ONE game, when I can sit on my arse on my sofa, in the warm with a crate of something tasty of my choosing. If the prices were reduced, it would incentivise the fans that give the club their hard earned on a regular basis. We pay a fortune to the club:

In my case - ST £471 (aprox)
Pie and pint per game x 23 - £161
2 Pints per game x23 - £170
Programme per game x23 - £69

So over the course of a season, I pay the Albion (as a rough estimate) £880. I don't see that a reduction for the people who do put that sort of money into the club (and obviously that's only me in the North, and based on 3 pints, a pie and a programme - people spend more on their ST and at the game than I do). I know that's only a bit of fag packet maths, but 22000 x 880 is a SHITLOAD of cash - I make that out to be IRO £19 million a year.

So in summary, yes, I do believe that a reduction for the people that put their money where their mouth is is most definitely in order.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love the fact all the moaners are ignoring reasoned arguments just to cry away.

Christmas appears very convenient for a lot here, we got 18,573 against Wrexham, and I am sure that was £25 ish a ticket ? Or am I wrong.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I like the way you describe a 27% price reduction as 'slight'!

With regard to those who keep stating 'my ticket is going to be £37 or £39' etc, wait until they go on general sale and get a £28 ticket in a different area.

well in that case lets all sit in the north stand.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I love the fact all the moaners are ignoring reasoned arguments just to cry away.

Christmas appears very convenient for a lot here, we got 18,573 against Wrexham, and I am sure that was £25 ish a ticket ? Or am I wrong.

Your wrong, just found my wrexham ticket - £15

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think ST holders should get their tickets for the same price that they pay per match for a league match. So for me the east upper would be £25 + £2 booking fee. I'd pay that. But £37 + £2 is just way way too expensive and I don't see why I should pay more than for a league match. Those that state the prem side etc etc are forgetting that the prices would be the same no matter who the opposition, unless they changed it for a one off. Certainly any prem or champ side would see no reduction in prices. The clubs match by match are just too expensive in my book. I hope the attendance doesn't hit 20k and hopefully they'll learn that they have to bring in a more sensible price structure.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
f*** it that's me out, gonna watch it on the tv with a box of coronas. Bad fan? Don't care.

Flash git at £190 a box thats cheaper than my weekend away to cleethorpes

01-bolivar-petit-corona-box-full.jpg

seagul

Jan 16, 2012
bexhill
f*** it i'm going its the Albion,rain or shine gotta support them, we waited years for the Amex and me for one will go to every game I can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here