Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Sold out last year at a 22k capacity.

Now, 5k capacity more, a less convenient kick off time, on free tv, reckon will do well to get 20K.

Won't look great on TV with 7k empty seats!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Jesus, bring out all the whingers and keyboard warriors. I remember when for years we went without any glamour tie and Middlesborough was about the biggest it got. Cannot understand why people would think it would be any different. Still, if you don't want to go then don't. Don't believe for one minute it will be anything like 10k under capacity. As for the geordies, they are not all based in the north and their fans in south could account for their allocation and the opportunity to see their team live. Let's not forget to the Geordies, it is a religion!!!!

Also, the whingers have all lambasted the the prices but not one seems to have suggested what would have been an acceptable price. Let's guess, some will suggest £25, some £20 and no doubt those living on the planet zog would baulk at paying £10.

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Jesus, I was paying 24 quid for a L1 game at Withdean.......STH now fortunately enough, so 28 quid for an FA Cup match against a Newcastle side at The Amex is fine in my opinion.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Also, the whingers have all lambasted the the prices but not one seems to have suggested what would have been an acceptable price. Let's guess, some will suggest £25, some £20 and no doubt those living on the planet zog would baulk at paying £10.

How is it your position to make monetary assumptions about your fellow fans and what they can afford?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Jesus, bring out all the whingers and keyboard warriors. I remember when for years we went without any glamour tie and Middlesborough was about the biggest it got. Cannot understand why people would think it would be any different. Still, if you don't want to go then don't. Don't believe for one minute it will be anything like 10k under capacity. As for the geordies, they are not all based in the north and their fans in south could account for their allocation and the opportunity to see their team live. Let's not forget to the Geordies, it is a religion!!!!

Good post.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Correct.
Remember that these prices have been set by BHAFC and NUFC jointly.
I can't help thinking that there would have been a lot less moaning if we'd won or drawn on Saturday.

I'd imagine Newcastle didn't take much convincing to set prices at these levels with our previous sellout against them and our attendances this season.

I can't imagine they were even that bothered. A potential extra £100k or so is a drop in the ocean for them, surely?

They're probably quite pleased they got a winnable tie away from home. No fuss with organising a half empty St James' Park (or whatever it is called).

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
We’ll not be paying the £39 for our seats, Gus will treat this like previous cup games (not give a toss, not important) and will use this as a ‘shop window’ for the likes of Hoskins and Harly etc.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Wont sell out being only a few days after Xmas & new years Moneys tight!

I will watch on the box!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
IIRC the Wrexham game - same round of the FAC - was £15? I think paying 2/3rds of the cost of my ST is a piss take - especially when I can watch it at home, in the warm, with a case of beer that will cost lest than 2 pie and pints and a programme. Arseholes to that. I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here