Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle match

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd estimate that somewhere between 5% and 10% were wearing masks in the WSU concourse over the past few games. It's quite a simple thing to do when moving around and, to me, seems preferable to the alternative, but ho hum.
We’re wearing our masks on Saturday, living in Wales we’re all still wearing them in shops and about the place. Feels a bit weird when we go into shops in England seeing no one wearing them. It’s funny what you get used to.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I'm looking forward to a smooth set of train transactions to and from the Amex, I have a spicy rendevouz with family and a curry in Worthing at 10pm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As I have said on a previous thread, I caught it in the summer possibly at the Euros, despite taking a lot of precautions and having had 2 jabs. I am reasonably healthy normally, a similar age to you but ended up very ill over the summer and in hospital for part of that time. I am still not over it yet by any means more than 3 months later.

If those who think they are invincible and that this virus won’t get them had seen me at the time, unconscious and barely able to breathe despite having no underlying health conditions, they would think differently about it.

Sorry to hear that and I hope you recover fully soon. I guess it’s one of those things, people think they’re invincible until they get it. I’m clearly one of the lucky ones. I actually carried on working for the first two days because I thought it was just a head cold, my wife and I have taken a lot of COVID tests in the last year or so, but it didn’t occur to me that I actually had it. It was only when my wife complained of a bad headache that we both took the test and it came back positive. I was very surprised to say the least, very surprised.Today is the first day that I feel something close to normal.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Well I was looking forward to going until I was reminded, about an hour ago, during a phone call to my son making arrangements for tomorrow, that my better half is working long days all weekend.

All bloody week I have been looking forward to this and now i have the hump.

Anyone want my 3 phones for the day?

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
We’re wearing our masks on Saturday, living in Wales we’re all still wearing them in shops and about the place. Feels a bit weird when we go into shops in England seeing no one wearing them. It’s funny what you get used to.

Agreed - same in Ireland. At the Arsenal and MC games I wore my mask on the p and r bus as did the majority of others but far fewer(me too I’m afraid) in the ground itself.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
Wear a mask EVERYWHERE when on all of the concourses tomorrow, (apart from when eating & drinking of course), not just the West Upper toilets, the whole place is a Covid hot spot.

Alarming to see so many people huddled close together on the confined airless concourses.

Rant over.

I wear a mask much of the time, although my logic says they're pretty useless - because....they don't capture the desease and don't stop you breathing! (Which of course would be 100% effective.)

They do deflect your breath though and stop it moving forwards - so where does your breath go? I suggest it gushes out/in the sides - so it's reasonably effective for two people a sensible distance in front of each other but people sitting shoulder to shoulder, such as the House of Commons, are breathing each others air and should take great care.

However, I do feel better wearing my comfort blanket.

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Did you learn that on Twitter or Facebook?

Neither. Interview with a prominent scientist on TV.

This was not her, but this is not from Facebook or Twitter either:

Lisa Brosseau, ScD, is a nationally recognized expert on infectious diseases. Brousseau taught for many years at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She may be retired from the university, but she’s not retired from teaching. She recently cowrote an opinion piecethat drew a lot of notice: In it Brousseau argues that cloth masks offer no protection from COVID-19. As one might imagine, it drew a lot of attention and caused a fair amount of controversy. She recently sat down with Infection Control Today®to talk about her strong feelings about cloth masks and that data she used to reach her conclusions.

In conclusion, don't take everything the government tells you at face value. A scientist the government likes may believe one thing, but there will also be plenty of other scientists who disagree.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Lisa Brosseau, ScD, is a nationally recognized expert on infectious diseases. Brousseau taught for many years at the University of Illinois at Chicago. She may be retired from the university, but she’s not retired from teaching. She recently cowrote an opinion piecethat drew a lot of notice: In it Brousseau argues that cloth masks offer no protection from COVID-19. As one might imagine, it drew a lot of attention and caused a fair amount of controversy. She recently sat down with Infection Control Today®to talk about her strong feelings about cloth masks and that data she used to reach her conclusions.

In conclusion, don't take everything the government tells you at face value. A scientist the government likes may believe one thing, but there will also be plenty of other scientists who disagree.

But she said CLOTH masks don't work and you've applied that to all masks.

The cloth masks not working is known and why if you've visited a hospital recently there are signs saying you can't use a cloth mask and need to use one of those light blue surgical masks instead.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
But she said CLOTH masks don't work and you've applied that to all masks.

The cloth masks not working is known and why if you've visited a hospital recently there are signs saying you can't use a cloth mask and need to use one of those light blue surgical masks instead.
But a cloth mask with a fresh paper insert... that's the ticket.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Whoever you are and no matter if you have a face covering or not, I hope you all give the Toon Utter Abuse all afternoon.

I have never wanted a team to be relegated as much as this shower of shit.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Whoever you are and no matter if you have a face covering or not, I hope you all give the Toon Utter Abuse all afternoon.

I have never wanted a team to be relegated as much as this shower of shit.

Indeed. I'm hoping we can get an 'Oh Jamal Khashoggi' ( seven nation army) chant going, as loud, as long and as often as possible.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Scientists don't engage with 'beliefs', although you apparently do.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm looking forward to my half-time w@nk as usual. Not only is it a great stress reliever but the hair is starting to grow back on the baldy bloke's head that sits in front of me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pretty bad day at the office. Good to be back in Brighton though and a draw is better than losing.

:seagulls:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tap away. I sit in front of my brother in law so your antagonist is definitely not me.

And in my defence I only end up with the premature erecting on account of many in the rows in front jumping up too soon too.

Glad it's not you. Got all too much today in the last 5 minutes and he didn't appreciate a restraining pair of hands gently pushing him back down. Got a bit verbal unfortunately!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here