Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

newcastle game in fa cup is on itv

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We sold out last January despite it being on ESPN although, there are more seats available now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We sold out last January despite it being on ESPN although, there are more seats available now.

And this may do the same. However...

- A lot more seats to sell this time round
- Seats [likely to be] more expensive this time round
- A lot of Newcastle fans will NOT have a new ground to 'collect'
- Getting from Newcastle to Brighton for a 12:30 kick-off (meaning you need to aim to arrive for 10:30-11:00 to be safe) is a nightmare
- Screened on free-to-air TV, not a premium channel
- Early evening kick-off more attractive to a lot of people than an early lunchtime - lots of clashes with junior/park football for a start. Factor in the hassles of getting to the Amex and watching from the sofa is more practical.

As I say - it will be a useful barometer of our support.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
My first reaction is to give this one a miss, mainly due to kick off time rather than cost etc as my son plays saturday morning youth football so is not normally finished until 11:30 which wouldn't allow enough time to get there.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I have yet to miss a game at the Amex but I am seriously considering swerving this one if tickets are full price.

PG

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
No contest really, take into consideration £20 charge,cold weather and no one jumping up to block your view its got to be ITV.

600 mile round trip, overnight stay due to early kick off. You're right - no contest. I will be there.

This is just the sort of match that made the miserable years at Gillingham and in the rain at Withdean worthwhile.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Unless ticket prices are seriously discounted, I'll guess at around 17,000, and 19,000 absolute tops.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Ultimately it's a lot cheaper than any away game would have been. So I'm definitely in.

From a marketing perspective the club will probably be thrilled that so many ST's are umming and ahhhing. A bit like the Chelsea friendly, this WILL sell out, it just depends who the people in the seats are. If they are first-timers/premiership armchair fans, then a chance to sell some more stuff and convert a few more people, and the money comes in regardless.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
FFS. 3pm kick off I could have worked my shift but 12.30 gonna have to get cover. Bloody double time as well!!!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'll be there, gonna get someone to get myself and the boy tickets for Christmas. Mwahahaha. Kick about with him at about 9, hop on the train at half 10, can't wait.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think you're going to be disappointed if you expect to see anything other than 100% of the match-by-match price for all seats.

North/WSU Wings/South - £28
WSU Middle - £32
WSL Wings - £34
WSL Middle-ish, ESL, ESU - £37
WSL Middle - £39

All plus £2 booking, of course.

It's going to be an interesting test of support.

well at £66.00 for our two tickets in WSU if you include the booking fee I am OUT of this one.

Two weeks after Christmas etc, plus a crap kick off time, and live on TV I would guess at a crowd of somewhere around £15k

Priced sensibly, it could be virtually a sell out (with the added income generated from Food/Drink)

I would expect Newcastle to put a case for lower prices for away fans than £34 or £28 too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And this may do the same. However...

- A lot more seats to sell this time round
- Seats [likely to be] more expensive this time round
- A lot of Newcastle fans will NOT have a new ground to 'collect'
- Getting from Newcastle to Brighton for a 12:30 kick-off (meaning you need to aim to arrive for 10:30-11:00 to be safe) is a nightmare
- Screened on free-to-air TV, not a premium channel
- Early evening kick-off more attractive to a lot of people than an early lunchtime - lots of clashes with junior/park football for a start. Factor in the hassles of getting to the Amex and watching from the sofa is more practical.

As I say - it will be a useful barometer of our support.
- Not to mention the people who work Saturday mornings, and struggle to make a 3pm kick off.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here