Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle fan stabbed in Milan

andy_lee007uk

Oct 21, 2005
Surrey Seagull

I can see incidents like this putting a lot of people off travelling abroad to see their teams play.

It's a sad state when we have already been given instructions by our own club on how to get to the ground safely, areas not to go into etc. for the Marseille game.

I just listened to the new podcast 'BHA podcast' where Norman Cook aka fat boy slim was talking about hosting a club night for both sets of fans for after the game against Ajax.

I know this is an Italian team as opposed too Dutch, but it just shows how opposite our views on away fans are, etc. We appear to be a very welcoming club (fans) I know there will always be a small demographic of "fans" that go out of their way to cause trouble, but I'd like to think that one of ours wouldn't randomly stab an opposition fan.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

I can see incidents like this putting a lot of people off travelling abroad to see their teams play.

It's a sad state when we have already been given instructions by our own club on how to get to the ground safely, areas not to go into etc. for the Marseille game.

I just listened to the new podcast 'BHA podcast' where Norman Cook aka fat boy slim was talking about hosting a club night for both sets of fans for after the game against Ajax.

I know this is an Italian team as opposed too Dutch, but it just shows how opposite our views on away fans are, etc. We appear to be a very welcoming club (fans) I know there will always be a small demographic of "fans" that go out of their way to cause trouble, but I'd like to think that one of ours wouldn't randomly stab an opposition fan.
mate , you are about to be woke the heck up ......you won't be moaning about homophobic chanting , you're about to get an education of what its all about if you're going abroad , it's an unfortunate fact of life ...:shrug:

any news on the offender ...?? anyone arrested...?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I am very worried about our fans in Athens and Marseille in particular, but also in Amsterdam. I think there's a culture of this type of thing outside of the UK. I hope the games pass without incident but I am expecting a thread to pop up on here about trouble at the games and I do worry someone is going to be seriously hurt. Hopefully the Newcastle fan, a 58 year old man with knee replacements, recovers fully.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I am very worried about our fans in Athens and Marseille in particular, but also in Amsterdam. I think there's a culture of this type of thing outside of the UK. I hope the games pass without incident but I am expecting a thread to pop up on here about trouble at the games and I do worry someone is going to be seriously hurt. Hopefully the Newcastle fan, a 58 year old man with knee replacements, recovers fully.
I do think everyone has to be on their guard, but I will say Newcastle fans have not exactly been subtle, shall we say, flags from bridges, colours everywhere. AEK I don’t think will be bad with us, Marseille is always gone be ropey. I think it does sort show that the advice the club gave us is very important.

Having shared a drink with some Milan Ultras a few years ago in Milan, they’re definitely not to be messed with. Showing me their knives etc.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
100%. There has been so many "I won't be a target as I'm a middle aged man and won't be looking for trouble" comments on here in the last few weeks. It's naivety in the extreme. This guy was 58. Hardly a young wannabee burning flags and pissing on statues.

As someone on here pointed out recently, we have fans complaining about the smell of vapes on here. They are in for a bit of a rude awakening.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Surely that’s attempted murder with at least 10 -15 years incarcerated .
They won’t catch them. They fly out of alleyways in groups of 20/30 with small stubby knives. Not always enough to kill … I’ve been told this by a few United supporting mates.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No guarantee it was football related or what happened in the build up - best to not scaremonger and likewise not to play down staying safe when it comes to us. I’ve been to football abroad and always managed to use common sense to stay out of trouble on the whole - sure there are sometimes very unlucky incidents etc.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Indeed. I'm dreading any post match bad news thread tbh. Albion fans have little experience of European away trips ( unless they have travelled with a national team ) and I worry they won't be streetwise enough. With all luck I'll be wrong.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Amsterdam will be fine. Only the people looking for trouble will find it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe just a coincidence, and I appreciate this Eddie McKay lived in Belfast at the time of reporting, but he is of the correct age and has a son...

Seriously? What is your point?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[removed]
Funnily enough, I also know someone called Eddie Mackay who has a son.

There's a lot of Eddie McKays about in the northern and Celtic region.

:FFSPuncheon

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
100%. There has been so many "I won't be a target as I'm a middle aged man and won't be looking for trouble" comments on here in the last few weeks. It's naivety in the extreme. This guy was 58. Hardly a young wannabee burning flags and pissing on statues.

As someone on here pointed out recently, we have fans complaining about the smell of vapes on here. They are in for a bit of a rude awakening.

Huge assumption you're making there I'd say. I'd love to see a detailed blow by blow of the guy's (and I wish him all the best) antics leading upto this incident. Something tells me he wasn't taking in the local architecture and enjoying a couple of breezy aperols in the local pizzeria?

Face it, our fanbase simply doesn't have this element. There's going to be no big gathering of lagered up, topless white van men in their 40s and 50s in central Marseille next month being big and loud and making their presence known. I don't think there'll be any trouble at all.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wow, quite the over generalisation. I hate vaping. It looks and smells disgusting. I also have good mates who’ve done almost every England away since the 80s/90s. I’ve done 70 grounds here starting from 1987 and several abroad. Typical NSC :rolleyes:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I won't be in marseille but will be in Athens and Amsterdam. If there are 1, 2 or 10 thousand of us, why can't we be loud singing Brighton songs and having a good time? I'm not going there to sit quietly in the corner and I'm also not going there for a punch up just a good time supporting the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here