Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle away: would you take a point?

Would you take a point at Newcastle, if offered?

• Yes - another point closer to Europe

Votes: 151 64.0%
  • Nah - we can get all three

Votes: 85 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlexG

Nov 19, 2021
Berkshire
He may rest a few this weekend but I think he'll still go strong as I think he'll want to wrap up the title as soon as possible and at home rather than risk leaving it to the last 2 away games against us and Brentford...
He has done that sort of thing before in the CL when they have won their league and then played a weakened line-up with nothing to play for and then lost...
I may be wrong though ...😊

AlexG

Nov 19, 2021
Berkshire
I can't see Pep resting against us, he won't want to lose. He'll rest players this weekend and the final one.
He may rest a few this weekend but I think he'll still go strong as I think he'll want to wrap up the title as soon as possible and at home rather than risk leaving it to the last 2 away games against us and Brentford...
He has done that sort of thing before in the CL when they have won their league and then played a weakened line-up with nothing to play for and then lost...
I may be wrong though ...😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would I take a point? Yes.
Do I think we could take all three? Hell yeah!

There's a VERY slim chance of CL qualification still, no? The 'big target' as RDZ puts it. Go get it boys :albion2:
This.

Howe will set-up just like Dyche did in the massacre. The ball will be out of play a lot too so I’d be happy with a point. But, we have a team capable of smashing them 3-0 quite easily if every shot they take does not turn into a goal.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Newcastle away is the hardest game in the league aside from City away, yes we are a fantastic side but we have a lot of games and injuries.

I wouldn’t play for a draw, and neither will RDZ but should the draw happen I will be pleased with that, this is a huge game for Newcastles CL hopes.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I fancy us getting three points tonight more than at home to Southampton on a lazy Sunday afternoon, when the real Southampton turn up and get two free kicks just on the edge of the penalty box, with no Big Bob.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Give me a chance to create the poll, FFS.
That's why I said 'later'! :thumbsup:
Depends on the context of the game thought doesn’t it?

Overall a draw is a good result, but if we are 2/0 up and draw 2/2 it will be 2 points dropped, if we are 2-0 down and equalise in the last minute then it’s a great point.
If we are 2-0 up, can you honestly see us throwing it away? At that stage they're streaming forward and leaving gaps for us to pick them off even more. I've played this scenario in my head numerous times

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I left home just over an hour ago. I hope we play our normal game tonight and do our best - it should be a cracking atmosphere. May the best team win.
I’m probably just as concerned at the way everyone seems to be writing off Spurs - with Kane they are always capable of goals and a win

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This.

Howe will set-up just like Dyche did in the massacre. The ball will be out of play a lot too so I’d be happy with a point. But, we have a team capable of smashing them 3-0 quite easily if every shot they take does not turn into a goal.
Difficult one for smug Eddie isn’t it though? They will want the crowd involved as much as possible and sitting in deep like Everton did won’t be the most conducive to crowd involvement? Newcastle all season have been on the front foot and pressing.

Newcastle supporting friend of mine has said the general consensus amongst their fans is they want a more solid team with wingers who will track back as they are missing Longstaff (who has become an important player) and Bruno is out of form and playing with an ankle injury, they are most worried about Burn/tripper against Mitoma/Enciso as Trippier got toasted by Mitoma in the home tie and Burn is the weak link, apparently.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Still worried that it may come down to Villa away and needing a draw and I'd rather it was all over by then. A point means a point from Man City as well, plus 3 against Saints.
So it's a NO from me. 3 or zero is the only option.
You're assuming that villa and spurs win both their games - very unlikely especially when villa play at Anfield at the weekend!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still worried that it may come down to Villa away and needing a draw and I'd rather it was all over by then. A point means a point from Man City as well, plus 3 against Saints.
So it's a NO from me. 3 or zero is the only option.
You think Villa will beat Liverpool?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
A point would be great and a bonus really.
Did anyone seriously think we could get 4 points from Arsenal and Newcastle with our tired minds and limbs and after that Everton result?

The team tonight will be interesting, can we afford to play our strongest team possible?
The Southampton game is a must win and we can`t afford not to play our strongest team for this, at the end of the day might be enough for top six.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I would take 4 points from our next 2 games. So yes, as long as we beat Southampton.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Arsenal are beatable - they play to our strengths. Newcastle can't even beat Leeds.

We could be a couple of points above them both before either of them play again. Still with a game in hand. Then Villa get tonked by Liverpool, Spurs stutter to a point against Brentford - we beat Saints. Home and dry before the City match.

Sorted.
To quote my own scenario.

1. Beat Arsenal - tick.
2. Draw against Newcastle to be two points ahead of Spurs & Villa before the weekend.

Still on course for Europa League to be ours by Sunday night....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here