Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newbie and the Amex - 2014/15

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
South Stand goals: 1st half 6 / 2nd half 3
North Stand goals: Ist half 1 / 2nd half 15

The latter stats are not as remarkable as they first look - I THINK we've only kicked towards the North in the 1st half THREE times all season (Burnley, Doncaster, Millwall), although I can't remember anything at all about the 0-0 draw with M'boro, so maybe that one too.

Because it didn't happen :thumbsup: It was the Huddersfield match, we attacked the North in the second half.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
40 replies and no mention of JCL or Palace Trolling......incredible....must have been deleted?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The Atmos can get going in the East upper. But usually copy what the north is singing or when the big Albion chants come around. The lower on the other hand, I can't say as they face away from me. Thing is I think the east lower has the most empty seats along with the east side of the north.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
I did first 2 seasons in East Lower, but now I'm in the East Upper, about half way up between the half way line and northern penalty area. Best view in the house for me, with the magnificent West Stand as a backdrop.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I wouldn't swap my WSU seat willingly for anywhere.

Great view (even though we're level with the south goal line), tends to be sheltered from the wind as well as the rain, warm concourse with tellies and views of the countryside - and all at the cheapest price band in the stadium!

I wouldn't complain if we got behind the team a bit more though - can be very loud but generally only when some huge injustice befalls us or we score a crucial goal or two.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The South West corner appears to be doing well.

In just two seasons it has come from being a huge yellow Renault advert to a thriving up and coming community, festooned with flags and banners - even has its own website and merchandise!

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
South Stand goals: 1st half 6 / 2nd half 3
North Stand goals: Ist half 1 / 2nd half 15

The latter stats are not as remarkable as they first look - I THINK we've only kicked towards the North in the 1st half THREE times all season (Burnley, Doncaster, Millwall), although I can't remember anything at all about the 0-0 draw with M'boro, so maybe that one too.

Have we really played them at home yet? Not on my radar at all. Must have been awful. Any idea when?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
It's been a long story but finally relocating to the area next month. How things change - I thought at one stage I'd be seeing my new local club in the Premier League and now it's the Championship at best.

Thanks for comments on seating options - I'm going to try out various locations as suggested and have bought my first ticket starting in N1A.

In knowing I would eventually relocate, I've been following from a distance. I love the diversity of topics and opinions on the forum and the team looks to be 2/3 quality players short of challenging the opposite end of the table.

It will be interesting to see how Hughton develops the team. I think he's going for this one holding player up top - I'm not a fan of this tactic and there seem enough decent players in the squad for an effective two up front, surely?. Managers seem to fall back on this one up top when they are cautious and/or lack defensive qualities elsewhere. From what I've seen on TV etc, the centre of defence needs firming up (Greer?) and there needs to be more strength in the middle of the park (though Ince looks impressive in midfield) so perhaps this wariness to be more attack minded is understandable. Look forward to seeing if any of these distant impression stand up in the flesh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here