Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Zealand v England 2nd Test

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So far today it's all a bit dull, a flat track and a nailed on draw.

There must be less than a few thousand watching 2 good teams, on a nice Sunday. Presumably there's paint drying elsewhere in Hamilton.

I'll give it another hour or so, then bon soir mes mecs.

I love test cricket, but that was some of the dullest live sport I've watched in years last night.

We need much better pitches than that

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
So far today it's all a bit dull, a flat track and a nailed on draw.

There must be less than a few thousand watching 2 good teams, on a nice Sunday. Presumably there's paint drying elsewhere in Hamilton.

I'll give it another hour or so, then bon soir mes mecs.

Monday, surely?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rubbish wicket. This was a one test series. On the plus side Burns and Pope look like they have something about them, Root played himself into form but spin-wise we're back to the wilderness days and in a series when England were looking to take 40 Kiwi wickets Archer has just 2.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Rubbish wicket. This was a one test series. On the plus side Burns and Pope look like they have something about them, Root played himself into form but spin-wise we're back to the wilderness days and in a series when England were looking to take 40 Kiwi wickets Archer has just 2.

I still think Leach can be a useful test spinner for us. A real shame that Ali looks to have completely lost his way with both bat and ball.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I still think Leach can be a useful test spinner for us. A real shame that Ali looks to have completely lost his way with both bat and ball.

For England to get back to the top of the tree - and winning test series overseas - they need a world class spinner. Leach looks more reminiscent of Gareth Batty or Ian Salisbury than Monty Panesar or Graeme Swann.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
For England to get back to the top of the tree - and winning test series overseas - they need a world class spinner. Leach looks more reminiscent of Gareth Batty or Ian Salisbury than Monty Panesar or Graeme Swann.

He’s still relatively inexperienced at test level. I’m thinking he could play more of a holding role rather then a strike bowler. He has generally offered control when bowling.

If he can get to the same level as Nathan Lyon that would do very nicely.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
These are a good team.

Anyway, my esteemed friend [MENTION=272]Gritt23[/MENTION] is amongst the audience there, loafing on a grass bank, enjoying the sunshine. And making me very, very jealous.

And can I just say, what a marvellous experience it was.

The place felt like a festival week, at one of the village grounds. The walk up, and entrance was folding tables, and a temporary little portable barrier. It was like walking up to a Sunday morning boot fair. But lounging around on the grass banks, under the shade of a tree, suddenly turns into TEST CRICKET ffs. Really quite beautiful, really quite surreal.

Marvellous scenes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And can I just say, what a marvellous experience it was.

The place felt like a festival week, at one of the village grounds. The walk up, and entrance was folding tables, and a temporary little portable barrier. It was like walking up to a Sunday morning boot fair. But lounging around on the grass banks, under the shade of a tree, suddenly turns into TEST CRICKET ffs. Really quite beautiful, really quite surreal.

Marvellous scenes.

Shame we didn't play better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here