Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Zealand v England 2nd Test

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Beamers? Would become predictable. Line, length and hours of patience.
Not sure I mentioned beamers, mix up quick yorkers and short stuff. Could you picture the likes of Walsh, Marshall and Ambrose taking 10 mph off the ball. Personally I think in this series we could have tried Archer in a Mitch Johnson role of rapid four over spells. Long spells are going to ruin Archer.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure I mentioned beamers, mix up quick yorkers and short stuff. Could you picture the likes of Walsh, Marshall and Ambrose taking 10 mph off the ball. Personally I think in this series we could have tried Archer in a Mitch Johnson role of rapid four over spells. Long spells are going to ruin Archer.

I'd like to see Archer try to develop an in-swinging Yorker like Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram used to do so well. At Archers pace that would be devastating.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'd like to see Archer try to develop an in-swinging Yorker like Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram used to do so well. At Archers pace that would be devastating.

Totally agree, Archer is still young and will further develop and add skills. I worry that bowling long spells won't help long term. Currently he's rapid get the best out of him in short sharp spells.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
So far today it's all a bit dull, a flat track and a nailed on draw.

There must be less than a few thousand watching 2 good teams, on a nice Sunday. Presumably there's paint drying elsewhere in Hamilton.

I'll give it another hour or so, then bon soir mes mecs.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

There must be less than a few thousand watching 2 good teams, on a nice Sunday. Presumably there's paint drying elsewhere in Hamilton.

Just brightened up....camera zooming in on geezer who has in the commentators words “an old fashioned scorebook” and just as they are waxing lyrical the said person picks his nose and then transfers his finger into his mouth :facepalm:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Just brightened up....camera zooming in on geezer who has in the commentators words “an old fashioned scorebook” and just as they are waxing lyrical the said person picks his nose and then transfers his finger into his mouth :facepalm:
Yeah, saw that hahaha.....(only just) audible gasps of disgust from commentary team. The camera crew need to work harder. More bogies, more totty, anything to lighten the mood

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
150 Root

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The track is showing a few gremlins now. A bit of odd bounce.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The pitch is too flat to produce anything other than a draw.

The only interest currently is how far past 200 Root will go

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The biggest factor against a win is the horrendous rain forecast which will restrict day 5 to just 2 hours play.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
England now ahead

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good effort to clear the deficit by lunch but then after lunch I think that we need to revert to 1 day mode and knock up 100 runs ASAP.

I'd look for a lead of 150 and get them in for 20 overs tonight. Need to push quickly though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it will fizzle out to a draw with the stand by Williamson and Taylor last night saving NZ but it all depends on how many quick wickets we can get by lunch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here