Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Zealand v England 2nd Test

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The difference between these two teams is that New Zealand appear to be able to bat with patience at 3 an over without feeling the need to have a dart every few overs. The likes of Stokes and Root are our best batsmen but have a penchant for getting out when well set and no one looks capable of posting that big century for England.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've got no bowler who can somehow conjure up a wicket out of nothing, i.e a Jimmy Anderson or a Graeme Swann. These two are batting like a dream.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The difference between the two sides is that NZ batsmen are able to play Test natch cricket and stay in for 3 or 4 hours to score the runs, Our batsmen think a century has to be scored in 1 hour and consequently do not get there.as they lose their wicket.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
HTML:
Time to get the front line spinner into the attack.... oh.

True , although it is what lazy journalists refer to as “proper test cricket”.

Oops , replied to wrong post .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thank **** Warner didn’t get 154 and 335* against us this summer. I’d still be depressed now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a mind numbingly boring test ‘series’ this has been so far

I think the New Zealand supporters have enjoyed it more than us.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
What a mind numbingly boring test ‘series’ this has been so far

I can't wait for the Oz v NZ series starting in a couple of weeks. The Aussies hate the fact that the Kiwis are ranked a few places higher in the Test rankings.
They reckon the NZ batsmen can't handle pace above 135 Ks.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
One of the entertaining part of the series has been Steven Finn on TMS not least the story of theb£1200 washbag.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well done to Burns and Root who have given us a slim chance of a victory. To achieve this we will need to push on and get a lead of about 100-150 before tea and hope to get 3 or 4 NZ wickets before the close.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I can't wait for the Oz v NZ series starting in a couple of weeks. The Aussies hate the fact that the Kiwis are ranked a few places higher in the Test rankings.
They reckon the NZ batsmen can't handle pace above 135 Ks.

Interesting about the Kiwis and pace, in which case why has Archer reduced his pace. Is he saving himself for the tours of South Africa and Sri Lanka?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Interesting about the Kiwis and pace, in which case why has Archer reduced his pace. Is he saving himself for the tours of South Africa and Sri Lanka?

Slow wickets. Would love to see NZ beat the cheats but unlikely on dry hard wickets. We live in hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here