Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] New Year's Honours

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
**** me. Sometimes I take a peek at posts by people I have on ignore. I realise it is early in the new year, but not so early to say that you sir, yes, you, sir, are a dick, sir. So you are, sir.

Give him a break - he is in mourning as they gave awards to women, ethnic minorities, gay people and disabled people. Box ticking gone mad.

Edited as I am not sure my original language was appropriate even given how obviously based on the dick of an OP it was.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Crikey. When I think back to to the late 90’s and the 00’s it is genuinely upsetting how far we have fallen. We have handed the nation to pirates.

Anyhooo, off for a walk and a roast lunch. Have a great start to 2022! Be dangerous, it’s careful out there :)

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
My opinion
d2eb7ecbcb42011b4091946efee04041.jpg

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The Honours system is so out of date in the modern day.

If any awards should be given then they should only be for people actually helping society and not sports stars, actors, or government cronies.

This is 2022 not the dark ages anymore.

I think you'll find we've regressed to the 1930's already, won't be long before we're in the dark ages :rolleyes:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well done Tony, fully deserved, by far the best PM in my lifetime, better than Cameron, May and that cretin we currently have to suffer, put together.
But Kate Garraway, Scary Spice and the tennis girl makes this years list a joke.

Just wondered what Kate Garraway and Scary Spice have done to be dismissed so summarily. Both have had very difficult things going on in their lives, and both have used them to help and inform others

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just wondered what Kate Garraway and Scary Spice have done to be dismissed so summarily. Both have had very difficult things going on in their lives, and both have used them to help and inform others

Scary is still very shaggable. So that’s justified her honour for me.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What about Jeff Lynne? Surely he deserves a Knighthood. What the f*** has he got to do?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Millions of people have very difficult things going on in their lives, much of it unfortunately self-inflicted. Do all of those who then try to help others deserve gongs?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
David Beckham didn't get knighted. GOOD.

Next year unfortunately. He has just sorted his dodgy tax evasion from about 10 years ago with HRMC and the ground is now clear according to Private Eye.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Tony 'Bloody Hands' Bliar....

You couldn't make it up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here