Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] New Year's Eve

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Now that Christmas is over and done with all thoughts turn to New Years Eve, THE social event of the year. Everyone who is anyone will be out and all determined to have a good time and see in the New Year in style. Mine and most people's favourite night of the year. So what will you be doing to ring in 2023?

???

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’ll check the thread currently above I think for the answers …..

Peter Ward Book? Enjoy!

It’s one of my best mates birthdays which does complicate my dream day of sitting at home with a curry and some beers. Supposed to be going to a house party with him, but the thought of a cab home in the early hours is quite frankly, horrible.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Now that Christmas is over and done with all thoughts turn to New Years Eve, THE social event of the year. Everyone who is anyone will be out and all determined to have a good time and see in the New Year in style. Mine and most people's favourite night of the year. So what will you be doing to ring in 2023?

???
Footie followed by a meal in Hove, home and probably bed after a nightcap. New year is over rated.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
NYE holds no attraction or significance for me whatsoever. One day it's Dec 31st, next day it's Jan 1st, whoop-de-bloody-do

Sadly, Mrs P bloody loves it, so I'm obliged to go out to a party, which also means missing bloody football thanks to the kick off being moved to 17:30 :mad:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I used to love New Year’s Eve. We used to go to The Good Companions (pre-refurb) and in later years, The Eddy. Great times. But we stopped bothering sometime in our mid-thirties.

These days if you go out in central Brighton and get slaughtered, chances are it’ll be me and my colleagues either helping you up or putting you down 🤣 so please be nice!

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I too will be missing the football due to the late kickoff as I have a gig. I’m actually thinking about getting to my gig early so I can watch the football on their telly and then set up.
I’m hoping for at least a point from the match and a great crowd at the H/Heath Social Club. Surely one of those will happen if not both?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
F’all

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Haven never liked NYE, even in my younger days I couldn’t be arsed with it.
Still can’t.
Will take to my bed and watch something on Netflix or catch up tv.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Get to mill hill by 4 and hope the queue isn’t too long.

watch the game and a win against the arse.

start queuing after the final whistle…starts raining…stand there pissed off…really pissed off and ask myself why do we do this.

then remember why

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
NYE holds no attraction or significance for me whatsoever. One day it's Dec 31st, next day it's Jan 1st, whoop-de-bloody-do

Sadly, Mrs P bloody loves it, so I'm obliged to go out to a party, which also means missing bloody football thanks to the kick off being moved to 17:30 :mad:
Mood change. After childish sulking, and much hurrumphing, I will now be going to the Arsenal match :ROFLMAO:

Still not a fan of NYE though

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Chinese has been pre ordered and arriving around 19:30 so will get stuck after the football, no plans beyond that at all, it’s actually nice.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

???
Womens Institute do much that evening down your way?

Jul 7, 2003
Can’t stand NYE and all the crap that goes with it. I think it was when pubs decided to start charging a fortune for entry that ruined it for me.

I’ll watch the racing from Newbury before catching the Seagulls Travel coach to the Amex. Grab a take away on the way back home before going to bed, hopefully not to be disturbed at midnight by people letting off fireworks because they have forgotten it is not 5th November.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
We are having a new years eve party at lunchtime . At three o'clock will be Auld Lang Syne at 3.oo and then out to the Amex !!!

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

???
Celebrating a win over Arsenal at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here