Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] New Year's Eve

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Relieved to be finally back in my own house and looking forward to relaxing in front of the football - I’m afraid me insisting on watching football while staying at family for Christmas caused a bit of stress especially on Boxing Day 😂

Won’t be going out, not done a NYE celeb for donkey’s years and can’t really see why at midnight on 31 December is suddenly an excuse for over the top celebrations - ongoing shit stuff from the past year isn’t suddenly going to stop and good stuff isn’t suddenly going to happen because the date has changed. I shall acknowledge the NY with a glass of wine with a friend on zoom then go to bed probably well before midnight.

- I hope everyone out or at home celebrating does so safely and has a good time and that 2023 brings you more of whatever brings you peace and joy and less of whatever doesn’t !!!🥳

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
7 and a half hours to go, never know when it's too early to get the first drink in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What now?
I had a change of plan. Went to the local in the afternoon for a few quiet pints and a read of the paper. Then sloped back to my sofa for the game. Now I've got a curry on the way, Alexa is on, and have started ploughing into the Baileys. Warm, dry, mildly pissed off about the result but not overly.

I couldn't have planned it any better tbh.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A cozy evening in.

What a shame that tw@ts ‘look at me’ firework displays will be met by driving rain and gales :lolol:
The rain hasn’t bothered the people round here though, I think their clocks must be fast as it started at 11.00.
Hopefully not an hour of this as my dog is not impressed :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The rain hasn’t bothered the people round here though, I think their clocks must be fast as it started at 11.00.
Hopefully not an hour of this as my dog is not impressed :rolleyes:
One duff attempt at fireworks about 9pm here, that’s been it so far.

Usually a few look-at-me’s try to rival Auckland and Sydney.

It’s lashing it down with big winds up here.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Here's wishing all of us on NSC a very Happy New Year for 2023. :)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was a fairly fun evening out at work in Brighton. A couple of Knobheads trying their luck, mainly posh young lads trying to shown off to mates. A few kick offs but on the whole plenty of good will, selfies taken and lots of people helped to enjoy their night safely.

Having said that, I envy anyone that got to spend it indoors in the warm with a drink or two 😃

Happy new year all 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here