Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New type of fans

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Did you ever go in the North Stand in the 70's and 80's?

Dads didn't take their 10 year old kids in there, or if they did they had to suffer the consequences.

Away is difficult when you have kids and wrinklys mixed in with a bunch of teenage big gobs .... no easy answer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We could do with more pissed up fans in the Amex. Place is like a church.

No. It really isnt. Its not Selhurst but having travelled alot overlast two or three yeara most grounds are quieter. This includes cauldrons of noise like Elland Road, St Andrews etc

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dads didn't take their 10 year old kids in there, or if they did they had to suffer the consequences.

Away is difficult when you have kids and wrinklys mixed in with a bunch of teenage big gobs .... no easy answer

They did in the 60's. I was one, and all the kids were down the front by the wall. I agree pissed up twats have happened since the mid 70s, but haven't always happened.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Agree completely, at this rate it'll end up like Stamford Bridge yesterday

Stamford Bridge , even with its preponderance of Chinese fans has far more atmosphere than I have EVER seen at falmer , I went to the first game against palace and the play off game atmosphere was diabolical against your biggest rivals and ive been a season ticket holder for 3 years at the Amex and longer at Stamford Bridge.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
You will always get the odd 'idiot' element. Don't let it spoil your enjoyment or report it to a steward if you feel unhappy about it.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I sat I front of a three of them, not the main bunch. Very pissed, the three of them had northern accent and when we first sat they filled in the row behind us and were joining in with Leeds songs (marching all together). I thought it was a throw back to the 80s and they were Leeds fans seeing how long they could last. But they were all uni students at Leeds, the one I spoke to was from Liverpool and was a Liverpool fan. I spoke to him as I did not understand why he kept singing Harry Harry kewell. He was not able to.tell me he as he was so smashed. They were the worst I have seen and I am very tolerant. They were falling of seats in front with my dad (75) in it. They did appoligise. They were Pushing each other all though match, hold on each other legs and tiring to knock them over. I thought when two or three of them were standing on the wall when bobby scored they were going to fall off. Then they started (at least 5 times) to slap the steward on the head for telling them to get off wall. All steward did was move away!!! Unblivable. To any that did not see they were all completely smashed and in there own world as they were not Brighton fans they were completely wrapped up in their own games, play fights they were having with each other giggling with each other if they knocked someone over and not the game.

Vis a vis singing Harry Kewell probably because Liverpool stole the Leeds 'hero' on the cheap I recall
Separately, I'm disappointed that singing Leeds songs in the away didn't arose more vigour, why was that?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Stamford Bridge , even with its preponderance of Chinese fans has far more atmosphere than I have EVER seen at falmer , I went to the first game against palace and the play off game atmosphere was diabolical against your biggest rivals and ive been a season ticket holder for 3 years at the Amex and longer at Stamford Bridge.

We are at a considerable disadvantage though and have to try that little bit harder. I have to concede Chelsea fans just seem to have bigger gobs than anyone else.

theboybilly

I bet the atmosphere was rocking at the Bridge when just 8,000 turned up for a top-flight match in the 80s :whistle:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I bet the atmosphere was rocking at the Bridge when just 8,000 turned up for a top-flight match in the 80s :whistle:

Still better than the Amex and the 20000 "returning" *cough* fans that have suddenly reappeared .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
We are at a considerable disadvantage though and have to try that little bit harder. I have to concede Chelsea fans just seem to have bigger gobs than anyone else.

What stunning repartee.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We could do with more pissed up fans in the Amex. Place is like a church.

Not actually true for most of the ground - top 6 for atmosphere in the league without doubt.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Did anybody notice if the ' fans'were wearing Brighton replica shirts...just a thought,a lot of fans will go to a local football match but wouldn't fork out for a shirt...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Not at all, we had a shit team, shit ground ,shit results and no money , bit like brighton before bloom turned up , difference is I admit it, most people on here like to kid themselves that somehow brighton are different.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still better than the Amex and the 20000 "returning" *cough* fans that have suddenly reappeared .

Sorry, this thread isn't about Chelsea. Please refrain from posting your bullshit theories. Thanks. PS - why would you get a season ticket in Brighton & commute all that way from West London for a home game? Odd..?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Genuinely want to know how you can feel impassioned about two teams to such an extent that you have season tickets at both.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Away games are a rite of passage for lads in their late teens with rampaging hormones, adjusting to the drudgery of the working week and the novelty of a bit of money in their pockets to spend on beer/tickets.

Doesn't mean that they shouldn't get an earful/smack though from those who've seen it all before though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here