Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New type of fans

sparky

Jan 17, 2009
I live in Yorkshire so tend to get to more away games than home, but it seems that with our current fantastic performance we are attracting an unwanted element. Yesterday there was a fantastic noisy atmosphere in the bar, no problem, then halfway through the match a load of very pissed up lads arrived in the seats behind us, commenting that they may get removed from the ground (for whatever they had been doing). Several of them proceeded to climb over the seats in front annoying other fans, slapping people on the back until they moved and knocking into people. The stewards were no where to be seen & when Zamora scored they jumped up threw themselves over the people in front, knocking a woman to the floor and kicking an elderly man in the back in their haste to get down the steps. We were all elated when Bobby scored & of course people get excited but this went way beyond that. I have never experienced this before from Brighton fans. I would urge other fans to keep an eye out for this group of around 10 lads aged 18-25 who clearly don't care about other people's safety.

imagine the elation in those first 5 seconds after he scored. this is a football match remember where you show passion not a sunday outing

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I live in Yorkshire so tend to get to more away games than home, but it seems that with our current fantastic performance we are attracting an unwanted element. Yesterday there was a fantastic noisy atmosphere in the bar, no problem, then halfway through the match a load of very pissed up lads arrived in the seats behind us, commenting that they may get removed from the ground (for whatever they had been doing). Several of them proceeded to climb over the seats in front annoying other fans, slapping people on the back until they moved and knocking into people. The stewards were no where to be seen & when Zamora scored they jumped up threw themselves over the people in front, knocking a woman to the floor and kicking an elderly man in the back in their haste to get down the steps. We were all elated when Bobby scored & of course people get excited but this went way beyond that. I have never experienced this before from Brighton fans. I would urge other fans to keep an eye out for this group of around 10 lads aged 18-25 who clearly don't care about other people's safety.

Did you ever go in the North Stand in the 70's and 80's?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
They are not a new breed as been round for ages, I walked to the ground and met a MUFC fan going to the game who was at Uni at Leeds.

Some fans behave different to others however there were some fecking nauseous Leeds fans on the 18:05 back to London last night.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not new really. I think you will find it is because it was Leeds.
Didn't notice any issues at Huddersfield, Wolves or Bolton.

Emm...they are there at most away games on a weekend I'm afraid

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is how football has become when someone has had a prawn sarnie knocked out of their hand they start crying on football forums.
Ah, so you believe in censorship on NSC, and posters not being allowed to raise certain points.

Don't agree with this point of view, to be honest.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

New fans? did you ever watch a game from the North Stand at the Goldstone

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Seems to me as the thread has moved on that these lads were not BHA supporters or indeed Leeds supporters. Seems they got tickets in the away end because they support a.n.other teams and wanted to see Leeds beaten, as most supporters do. It appears they had no interest in the football which might back this theory up.
I have been to a fair few away games and usually if there are older or younger people in the vicinity they are quite safe.

They are not a new breed as been round for ages, I walked to the ground and met a MUFC fan going to the game who was at Uni at Leeds.

Some fans behave different to others however there were some fecking nauseous Leeds fans on the 18:05 back to London last night.

With the cost of tickets being what it is, and particularly at Elland Road (justifiably so, as they are Champions of Europe), I am amazed that anyone would go as a 'neutral'. Particularly students. Madness.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With the cost of tickets being what it is, and particularly at Elland Road (justifiably so, as they are Champions of Europe), I am amazed that anyone would go as a 'neutral'. Particularly students. Madness.

Fair point, he said he was going as he hated Leeds and wanted to watch them lose so at least we obliged.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair point, he said he was going as he hated Leeds and wanted to watch them lose so at least we obliged.

Hating something so much, in itself, is a bit weird IMHO. But then paying on top is very odd. Oh well, each to their own I guess.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It seems the OP has split NSC bt the marmite comments with some happy to accept this begavipur as normal and acceptable and others accepting that things have (should have) moved on from the 'good old days'.Leeds are clearly desperate for money as I thought attempting to get into a ground while obviously drunk was an offence these days. Maybe the next step for the Amex after the changes in the summer for the singing section is to provide a new section for those that are already smashed when they arrive and want to be as anti-social as possible. i would suggest placing this in the south stand behind the goal so we can all experience the retro feel of football violence from the 70s.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Thing for me is - people can get as pissed up as they want - but when it potentially injures some innocent person
in front or to the side (and that happened at Fulham) - then that irritates me. This wasn't just a push in the back or
something like that. A bloke fell on top a poor bloke and his wife after sitting on the shoulders of his mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here