Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Target Man

Should the club provide the required dosh?

• Yes

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
3gulls said:
Or, Would you like to see something now for your money, or are you happy to see it pumped into Falmer, which may never get the green light?

I'd like to see us remain mid table out of relegation to ensure that we are worthy of receiving Falmer WHEN we get it!! Not broke and in receivership by the end of the year with a 10 point deduction or whatever it is...

Such pessimism... tsk tsk

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
tedebear said:
I'd like to see us remain mid table out of relegation to ensure that we are worthy of receiving Falmer WHEN we get it!! Not broke and in receivership by the end of the year with a 10 point deduction or whatever it is...

Reality - we need a proven stiker to ensure that !

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
tedebear said:

Time will tell. But the time is just going on and on, while we pay more and more for less and less.

And 4th from bottom is not mid-table.:dunce:

Last edited:

3gulls said:
No not realy. How do you expect us to "remain" (sic) in mid table without a striker?

*sigh*

Virgo played as striker:

Played 12, won 5, drawn 3, lost 4

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No. The Falmer application is far more important and is crippling the club financially. Sadly, we have to put up and shut up. More debt is not what we need right now.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
kalinski said:
hmmmmm wages :dunce: :dunce:

Well normally when you get a loan player in his Club pay a percentage of his wages(Dont quote Benjamin please!) and as we now have 3 less players to pay than the beginning of the season,surely we can come to some arrangement with someone??

As for Virgo,well he has played out of his skin and I wish Knight would take a leaf out of his book at times,but at the end of the day he is a defender and it does show in his general play,and he is not a 20 goal a season striker which is what we badly need right now.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
As for Virgo............. he is not a 20 goal a season striker which is what we badly need right now.

We've got the 20 goal a season striker.

What we need is someone to play alongside him & provide the chances so he can score those 20 goals

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
BHA links said:
We've got the 20 goal a season striker.

What we need is someone to play alongside him & provide the chances so he can score those 20 goals

We had one last year in the league below us but I am afraid he is not up to the standard of this league!

Fact not Fiction Im afraid!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Charlies Shinpad said:
We had one last year in the league below us but I am afraid he is not up to the standard of this league!

Fact not Fiction Im afraid!

It's not vaguely fact - Leon is perfectly capable of playing at this level, as his performances in the last four or five games have shown - have you been to these? We're not creating half as many chances for him as we had been, and part of this is down to a lack of a real partner.

What you wrote is purely fiction.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Am I the only one here that thinks the striker we need needn't be that expensive?

We're not looking for silky skills and a killer finish! All we need is a big bloke that can throw his weight about a big and head a ball!!

Let Knight and Robinson worry about the silky stuff! there must be someone from the lower leagues that would love to loan out a target man to us!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yes they should, but this is a stupid question. We don't know the ins and outs of the clubs finances. If they have the money lying around then yes, but I don't think they have. I don't know. Don't ask me.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The market price for a striker is at least a £1 million and he might not be any good? Is this the price to pay between relegation and staying up. With the next six home fixtures, it might be.

If we get regleated again, it might cost more than a £1 million to get promoted?

The trouble is find a striker even at £1 million plus wages.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Like most companies the Albion will have worked out their budget for the year already. This budget will have included three extra sets of wages;

Piercy
Blackwell
Roger

I don't think they would need to use all this money to bring in a new player. I know we are far from flush but surely even the poorest of clubs should be able to opporate a 3 out 1 in policy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here