Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Target Man

Should the club provide the required dosh?

• Yes

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
OK, we all agree that we need a new target man, but should the club's board allow Mark McGhee sufficient funds to bring in a loan player of sufficient quality?...

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
How much is sufficient and what players are of sufficient quality?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
fatboy said:
How much is sufficient and what players are of sufficient quality?

These are questions for those in the know... the player must be good enough to lead our front line successfully in the Championship... the cost will be difficult to determine since the loaning club may be willing to pay a large proportion of the players wages...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
yes it is as simple as speculate to accumulate.
i fear we are moving into a dark period of non-trust between the board and fans, i have nothing but admiration for what has been achieved so far-
removal of archer and co.
return to brighton (even though the withdean is shite.)
two championship trophies
a play off win
some progress with the new ground.

BUT
with the amount of money we all have pumped into the club, obviusly some more than others we deserve to know the truth of the clubs finances at present i dont know who or what to beleive and its starting to affect results too.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
fourthteamtillidie said:
i fear we are moving into a dark period of non-trust between the board and fans, i have nothing but admiration for what has been achieved so far-
a play off win

BUT
with the amount of money we all have pumped into the club, obviusly some more than others we deserve to know the truth of the clubs finances at present i dont know who or what to beleive and its starting to affect results too.

Good post:clap:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Virgo, McPhee, and Molango all injured now...

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Molango is not injured and hasn't been since he has been here!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Fair enough, although it says they don't know the extent of it.

It doesn't matter anyway, he was not being considered for a first team place.

What a useless poll - totally loaded question. How many people would vote yes if the wording was "Should the club provide the required dosh even if it risks the long-term financial health of the club"?

yes lets bank roll a big signing, no hang on lets make it two, no three. lets put our future on the line to sign a big name that will play for the dosh, prob only score a couple, get us relegated and in financial trouble :dunce: :dunce:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
kalinski said:
yes lets bank roll a big signing, no hang on lets make it two, no three. lets put our future on the line to sign a big name that will play for the dosh, prob only score a couple, get us relegated and in financial trouble :dunce: :dunce:

Who is saying bankroll a big signing,all it is saying is loosen the purse strings a bit to get a Loan Player in,ie like Benjamin last year.

Dont make yourself look like London Irish for Fcuks sake!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Benjamin was on 17k a week.

We can't afford that.

Mansfield (Div3) offered to pay more than us.

Micky Adams sent him here as a favour.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
fourthteamtillidie said:
a play off win

BUT

Spot on - but dont use the word "trust" unless you want a good kicking from Dicks troops

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
London Irish said:
What a useless poll - totally loaded question. How many people would vote yes if the wording was "Should the club provide the required dosh even if it risks the long-term financial health of the club"?

Whats up LI - boot on the other foot now - we are not the silent minority you think we are

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
whomever thinks they can run the club better then front up with your own money and try - this club is a business, and always will be - not an endless charity to give in to the moans of the fans....:censored:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:

Or, Would you like to see something now for your money, or are you happy to see it pumped into Falmer, which may never get the green light?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here