Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New strip causing problems?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That shirt is utter shithouse. I HATE the plain white back. I knew it would be khazi.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Let's face it, our kit is a right dogs dinner. What on earth were they thinking to come up with that piece of shit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does anybody know if it has sold well in the shop.I personally dont like any of the 3 kits but may be tempted to buy the away shirt if it was a polo shirt and available in 4xl.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The black shirt will sell very well, the home shirt will sell less than the last one would be my guess but we're never going to know for sure, there's no value in the club releasing sales comparisons. I'll be getting my Skalak 8 away shirt at some point this month.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's face it, our kit is a right dogs dinner. What on earth were they thinking to come up with that piece of shit.

You think they were thinking?

Only one solution: nobody buy a bloody shirt this season. Then buy a PROPER striped shirt next season when the club recognises the error of its ways.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Only one solution: nobody buy a bloody shirt this season. Then buy a PROPER striped shirt next season when the club recognises the error of its ways.
I don't think that's how Mr. Barber operates.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The black shirt will sell very well, the home shirt will sell less than the last one would be my guess but we're never going to know for sure, there's no value in the club releasing sales comparisons. I'll be getting my Skalak 8 away shirt at some point this month.

Too late this month. The shop has closed for the last time alas.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The 1979 Bukta kit is still my favourite design. Not because we got promoted to the top flight with it, just because it was the best in my opinion.

Its a shame, teams have to change their favourite kits every 2 years just on a money making exercise.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What, as in the fans hating it? Yes. plenty!

Why is it that we seem to be the only bloody team in the league that thinks there's a rule that if you play in stripes, you can't have them down the back?
That's the thing, we don't play in stripes really do we? Last year we played in a blue shirt with a few while lines on the front, and this year we're going to be playing in white shirts with a few blue lines on the front.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Are you seriously telling me that the first half shirt is our home kit. I thought they had got the YTS trainees to sew a white patch on the back and then crayon numbers (and names? sorry they were too small for me to tell) on them.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
They didn't change their shorts though! I'm no style expert, but black shirt, blue shorts...?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Think the bigger problem is the goalkeeper in a bright yellow shirt - the opponents know exactly where to shoot. Makes far more sense to have the team in bright yellow and the goalkeeper in black.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Only one problem. The club shop was doing a roaring trade after the games yesterday, with the queues four deep. Kids, especially, want the latest shirt, regardless.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Think the bigger problem is the goalkeeper in a bright yellow shirt - the opponents know exactly where to shoot. Makes far more sense to have the team in bright yellow and the goalkeeper in black.

I read a few years back that keepers' jerseys were bright to distract a striker. The theory was that the striker would take aim and end up shooting closer to the keeper as the colour stood out in their vision.

It was also said that keepers' wearing red save more penalties than those who wore black - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...penalties-Dress-goalie-red-reading-Fabio.html

Ask me though and it's all PR hullabaloo.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only one problem. The club shop was doing a roaring trade after the games yesterday, with the queues four deep. Kids, especially, want the latest shirt, regardless.
Yes, I'm sure that's the case and it's too late to fling the current abomination back in the face of its creators. Maybe a campaign should be staring now to boycott the next shirt as a protest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could the halftime change have simply been an instruction from the ref as the blue was too similar and Lazio probably didnt have another colour kit available so we changed shirts. Didnt it happen when we played a Spanish team pre season?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Kids will demand anything though won't they, doesn't mean it's good! We had better shirts than this 20 or 30 years ago.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could the halftime change have simply been an instruction from the ref as the blue was too similar and Lazio probably didnt have another colour kit available so we changed shirts. Didnt it happen when we played a Spanish team pre season?
It could, but probably just pre-planned so as to showcase both kits.

I think they did the same last year and maybe in years before that as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here