Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I suggested Wickahm in the transfer window. Would be perfect.

I see Cameron Jerome has gone to Blackburn. Naylor tweeted that he was on our long list of candidates.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
radaman falcao could do a job

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
seeing as I get slated for reporting the football rumours site here is an interesting one:

25 Oct 2012 11:25:35
Barcelona B striker Jean Marie Dongou is to join English Championship team Brighton & Hove Albion on loan until the end of the season.
Barcelona want the 17 year old Cameroonese prospect who came through the Samuel Eto'o Foundation at the age of 14 to gain valuable overseas experience and see Brighton as an idea option due to their style of play. Dongou is described as a young, new Samuel Eto'o due to his strength and quick finishing.
SOURCE: Spanish Football News link via On The Terrace website

Not saying it is likely just that it is interesting

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
seeing as I get slated for reporting the football rumours site here is an interesting one:

Barcelona B striker Jean Marie Dongou is to join English Championship team Brighton & Hove Albion on loan until the end of the season.
Barcelona want the 17 year old Cameroonese prospect who came through the Samuel Eto'o Foundation at the age of 14 to gain valuable overseas experience and see Brighton as an idea option due to their style of play. Dongou is described as a young, new Samuel Eto'o due to his strength and quick finishing.

Makes sense, another bloody foreigner who knows nothing of championship football. We need someone with experience of the English game and this division.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Right i think iv'e worked it out.... in a way BG, you are correct.
" Strikers Christian Benitez and Jean Marie Dongou joined the club for a combined fee of £6,600,000. Young goalkeeper Jack Butland signed for £2,000,000 from Championship side Birmingham and will hope to become the number one 'keeper at the Amex this year."
Now if you click on this link, scroll down to post 67, you will see Brighton & Hove Albion June and July Round Up. In the post you will see the quote that i have put up.
Something a Little Different: A Brighton Hove Albion Story - Page 7

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
For real? So you are saying the lad can't play football in england because he plays in Spain....?

Can you highlight the bit where I said he CAN'T play football in England. What I said was we need a proven player at this level, not a another gamble....It's probably a load of shite anyway lol.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Can you highlight the bit where I said he CAN'T play football in England. What I said was we need a proven player at this level, not a another gamble....It's probably a load of shite anyway lol.

It was the knows nothing bit, but if he is good enough he is good enough.
Problem is there aren't many proven strikers at this level kicking about, if they are any good then most clubs want them. Before anyone says it Murray wasn't proven at this level.

Gus knows what is needed we will just have to be patient as the squad improves over time.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It was the knows nothing bit, but if he is good enough he is good enough.
Problem is there aren't many proven strikers at this level kicking about, if they are any good then most clubs want them. Before anyone says it Murray wasn't proven at this level.

Gus knows what is needed we will just have to be patient as the squad improves over time.

Your right there aren't that many but Gus has been after one for 18 mths ffs...He should have signed Vokes, ok he wasn't the dogs bollocks and we need better, but he did do a job and we only really have two strikers. We should have given him a year, or then maybe he didn't want that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Your right there aren't that many but Gus has been after one for 18 mths ffs...He should have signed Vokes, ok he wasn't the dogs bollocks and we need better, but he did do a job and we only really have two strikers. We should have given him a year, or then maybe he didn't want that.
He was no better than we already have so point in signing him as we need to progress not stand still. The suggestion of Calvin Andrews is laughable.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Tbh if it's on the rumours site it's pretty much guaranteed to be inaccurate.

The Beeb sre saying that Blackburn want him but the managerial situ is a difficulty. Looked it up and surprising they are looking for another striker given they already have Rhodes, Best (injured) Nuno Gomez, Goodwille and Rochina

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here