Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Neither Paynter or Vokes are getting games :moo:

I'd rather get nobody given our record of loan strikers ... no better than playing with 10 men

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Apostolos Vellios, at Everton, 20 years old, 6ft 3" not in the first team squad. has a Premier league record of a goal every 86 mins.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Barnes won't start v Blackpool

Let's hope not. He needs a rest after all his exertions of late. No sarcasm meant.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think that you may be surprised and I feel that Barnes is one of he players that Gus is referring to in his criticism of the team and their attitude.

FWIW Barnes worked his tits off at Leicester and despite missing the penalty he looked our biggest threat (which says little for the rest). Will Gus bow to the boo boys and drop him? I'm not sure.He is a player of immense promise and it would be risking damaging his progress - a bit like we did so successfully with Craig Davies who hasn't stopped scoring since we gave him away for nothing. Personally I think we need a shake up and a radically different midfield/front line and Barnes is as vulnerable as any. He should not, however, be the only whipping boy.

I did (for about 5 seconds) fantasise that Gus and Tanno being absent from this morning's press conference might mean that they were out chasing a loan striker but the buouyant mood didn't last once I came on NSC. Now I'm off to see the doctor for some anti-depressants

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
FWIW Barnes worked his tits off at Leicester and despite missing the penalty he looked our biggest threat (which says little for the rest). Will Gus bow to the boo boys and drop him? I'm not sure.He is a player of immense promise and it would be risking damaging his progress - a bit like we did so successfully with Craig Davies who hasn't stopped scoring since we gave him away for nothing. Personally I think we need a shake up and a radically different midfield/front line and Barnes is as vulnerable as any. He should not, however, be the only whipping boy.

I did (for about 5 seconds) fantasise that Gus and Tanno being absent from this morning's press conference might mean that they were out chasing a loan striker but the buouyant mood didn't last once I came on NSC. Now I'm off to see the doctor for some anti-depressants

Just for the record I've never slated Barnes but (like you say) a shake up of some sort is needed. It's fairly obvious that the shake up needs to happen from Bridcutt forwards and as Barnes is the only really "ever present" I'd be (hugely) surprised if he wasn't "rested" and at least give the CMS/Dobbie combo a full go at 90 mins - partic as it's Blackpool where Dobbie was seen as a superhero (he'll be pushing hard for this one) and will likely get under their skin

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My suggestion is Micheal Owen, not been getting much of a look in at stoke since he went there in the summer, the flat racing season is over so he has got reason to stay up in cheshire, he might fancy a couple of months out on loan at a championship club
another midget.....no.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I believe we are in the chase along with another half a dozen Championship clubs to take Jerome on loan from Stoke.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Neither Paynter or Vokes are getting games :moo:

I'd rather get nobody given our record of loan strikers ... no better than playing with 10 men

Yes they are, especially Paynter in L1.

Getting nobody is not a viable option unless you would like to see us continue our fall down the table.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think there will be one, Gus won't do anything that may stop Golden Boy getting in the team.

Yes, it is getting fcuking ridiculous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here