Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker - Any Ideas?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I've still not been asked. Boots are clean and by the front door.

Thought I'd share a pic of them.

e4c3412a59.png

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus stating that we will definitely have one in by the Forest game makes me think that he probably has a worst case scenario (i.e. Billy Paynter-type) ready just in case we REALLY can't get anyone better.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
as I have said before, a friend of mine is a director at a league club who have three players lined up to fill one gap in their squad - all three are also of interest to other clubs and no deals will be considered until Thursday. Crazy situation but that is the way it works

I would suggest we may well be in a similar situation snd even Gus doesnt know who he will actually get

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
as I have said before, a friend of mine is a director at a league club who have three players lined up to fill one gap in their squad - all three are also of interest to other clubs and no deals will be considered until Thursday. Crazy situation but that is the way it works

I would suggest we may well be in a similar situation snd even Gus doesnt know who he will actually get

Really? My friends dad was director at charlton for 10 years and he had no idea who was coming or going in terms of players. Had pretty much no insight whatsoever!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Really? My friends dad was director at charlton for 10 years and he had no idea who was coming or going in terms of players. Had pretty much no insight whatsoever!

explains why charlton had so many financial problems if the directors werent on top of their job

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So nobody has any clue!? Shame :-(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think we'll be after another Ulloa, not a nippy little poacher. We're down to Ulloa, so it's forced us into 4-5-1, which is Gus's favoured way of playing anyway. Ulloa probably won't be able to play 90 minutes of every game until the end of the season, so we'll replace like or like. I don't think Gus would go into a match with only two strikers and want to play them both.

I think we're looking at another Vokes/Woods type signing rather than a Hoskins.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I scored a lovely curler with the outside of my left foot from 20yds last night, i'd be happy to fail trying to repeat that for a few games to plug the gap.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
As I said weeks ago...

Simeon Jackson. Similar to CMS.

Kamara and becchio have come in and only one departure.

They have also signed a striker for £8.5m who is arriving in July.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Ed Malyon ‏@eaamalyon 25s
Brighton have got a good striker about to arrive on loan. Annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here