Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadium plans for Whitehawk...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Eh? The Amex is within the Brighton and Hove boundary.

The albion have played at grounds in both Brighton and Hove.

Whitehawk have nothing to do with Hove, so unless they merge with a Hove club, then what right have they to take the name ? ???
Lots of kids in Whitehawk ended up being bussed to schools in Hove when they closed the Academy (formerly Stanley Deason)

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Eh? The Amex is within the Brighton and Hove boundary.

The albion have played at grounds in both Brighton and Hove.

Whitehawk have nothing to do with Hove, so unless they merge with a Hove club, then what right have they to take the name ? ???

East Brighton Park is within the Brighton and Hove boundary as well. They play in the city of Brighton and Hove (there is no city in England called Brighton) so therefore a name of Brighton and Hove City is valid and therefore they do have a right (although never playing in Hove before it became a city as part of Brighton) to take the name

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know it's not FFS. I pointed that out 'but how the hell is that the p*lace crest' but it looks similar but it's not the same okay?

In effect Palace have copied the crest of an amateur football club in the east end of Brighton.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm firmly in the 'they won't come, so why bother?' camp. The simple fact is non-league Sussex football clubs are not chock full of the 25,000 non-away game attenting Albion fans. They never will be. There is far too much competition around to justify the expense involved in trying to establish a 'new' football club.

The only places where there is a chance, and only the smallest chance, of doing this is where there isn't a club anywhere near. Truro is one such example, as it's mainly Man Ure, Liverpool, etc. 'fans'. League football could and possibly would entice them. However the costs involve probably make it prohibitive and wouldn't justify the expense. This has been seen in action as, as quickly that they have risen, they're falling back down again due to the money running out.

I have nothing against Whitehawk, but plans like this are pure folly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I always thought Village Way was in the Falmer boundary, at least it was before the ground - but I could be wrong.

The point is that it's the city of Brighton and Hove! Like others say, "Brighton City" doesn't make sense - so I think it boils down to whether you have a problem with them representing the city as a whole, or perhaps you think they should only be allowed to represent East Brighton.

I personally think they have every right to represent the city, they are the second oldest Brighton based club - and it would be great for the city to have a non-league representative.

No, nothing to do with them being "allowed" anything. I simply think they have no right to represent Hove.

The Albion was formed as a club to represent both Brighton and Hove from origin.

The Albion have played at grounds in both Brighton and Hove.

The Albion's current ground is within the city boundary of Brighton and Hove.

I see absolutely no right for Whitehawk to have any relevance to Hove, nor any right to represent them ( unless they were to merge with a Hove team ).

It's just a simple viewpoint, and I do not support their proposed change of name for these reasons.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So despite an arse pit of a ground, the lowest average crowd in their current division, Whitehawk are now signing football league players (and their manager displays shocking taste in shirts…) http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11319291.Whitehawk_win_race_for_Torres/?ref=rss

I can only see this ending badly to be honest. Get your infrastructure right, balance your playing staff budget, build up your support base by consolidating your league position…..or just blow shed loads of cash on getting promotion as soon as possible to a league you have no chance of creating a sustainable model to stay in….

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It important that we have a good standard of football at all levels we need a strong base to our pyramid from the bottom up.
Many local clubs have lots of youngsters playing Footie we need to improve playing facilities and help improve coaching skills at all levels.
I would love to see the Albion running coaching and referee courses at the new training ground for all levels throughout Sussex.
This would help them in building relationships with all junior clubs in Sussex our future fan base?

It important that we have a good standard of football at all levels we need a strong base to our pyramid from the bottom up.
Many local clubs have lots of youngsters playing Footie we need to improve playing facilities and help improve coaching skills at all levels.
I would love to see the Albion running coaching and referee courses at the new training ground for all levels throughout Sussex.
This would help them in building relationships with all junior clubs in Sussex our future fan base?

I think they need to worry about the standard of coaching of the academy players first???

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think they need to worry about the standard of coaching of the academy players first???

Yep could not agree more.

There are way too many people involved in the CofE who have lots of lovely coaching "badges" but are not what I'd consider to be good coaches because they lack the experience of coaching children/teens and are not able to mentally developing their players.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Surley another team in Brighton cannot be a bad thing. Place to play youngsters and get some match experience if/when Whitehawk reach the conference.

Good luck to them I say.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Consolidating a Conference South league position isn't going to get a crowd average over a few hundred. They need to get out of that division. The owners are ambitious and are clearly going to spend a few hundred grand on the squad to achieve that. Two cracking signings in Torres and Cronin at that level and I'm sure more are on the way. I do believe that Whitehawk, or Brighton and Hove City, have a decent future ahead of them as long as the owners don't lose interest.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/aveengnl.htm

It's this kind of naivety that leads to so many clubs at this level trying to 'live the dream' than crash back down to earth. Steve King has an excellent record for it. You only have to look at Lewes, Salisbury City, Farnborough, Histon….the lower leagues are littered with teams thinking that the answer was getting promoted.

The jump in costs to the Conf National is huge. Whitehawk average 199. It is utter madness not to be realistic about what they can achieve. They escaped relegation on the last day of the season, with pretty much the lowest crowds out of both the Conf South and North.

Your own outlook is what gets so many of these clubs in trouble. If they've got Torres and Cronin on affordable deals, then brilliant. If they're breaking wage records at this level, then they are idiots and they will reap what they sow...

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surley another team in Brighton cannot be a bad thing. Place to play youngsters and get some match experience if/when Whitehawk reach the conference.

Good luck to them I say.

Absolutely Jim, it's a great thing to have a well established club at this level doing well. But a club overspending, overreaching and going bust and taking down all around it like happened at Lewes? Conference South is a great league. There are some really good quality football clubs in it, travel is reasonable and not often more than a couple of hours, costs are manageable if you can get crowds of 500+ in and attract a bit of sponsorship with it.

Having 1 year at this level, surviving on the last day with the lowest crowds at this level, then planning for promotion is just madness.

surley another team in brighton cannot be a bad thing. Place to play youngsters and get some match experience if/when whitehawk reach the conference.

Good luck to them i say.

I think whitehawk would be scrapping for their lives in the conference not quite the environment to produce premier ready players,its a different game down there:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here