Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Stadium plans for Whitehawk...

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Where's is meant to be?

Those drawings wouldn't come close to fitting at its present location, so are the planning to shift it elsewhere.

THe top of Wilsons Avenue seems the only place it can go, but I don't see they even starting to get planning permission to put it there.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Why did we need to build a PLR/International standard venue when we were rattling round League 1 and not really that long before only just stayed in the league? We barely attracted 7000 fans at Withdean.

Im guessing its all about ambition and they are hoping that the old "build it and they will come" saying will work for them. Maybe they are after the [MENTION=28453]TomandJerry[/MENTION] market of fans who just enjoy watching local football when their team (who ever they support) are not playing, who knows. I'm surprised about the size of the training facilities though and I do wonder where the cash will come from but if they want to go for it then why shouldn't they? If they go bankrupt in the process then the facilities will still exist for others to use.

Be interesting to see more things like capacity and where they are actually going to build it though

"it must be mentioned that the ticket price for a Whitehawk game is £10, paid at the gate." Not just the local football, but you also can't go wrong with paying £10 for a game

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Why did we need to build a PLR/International standard venue when we were rattling round League 1 and not really that long before only just stayed in the league? We barely attracted 7000 fans at Withdean.

Oh, give over, that is a ridiculous figure to trot out, you could barely get any more than 7,000 people in Withdean Stadium, and in fact for the first couple of seasons the capacity was actually 1,000 seats less than that!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:lolol: Of course they bloody do, are you completely immune to sarcasm!?
Oh sorry, straight over my head. I thought perhaps the two birds had different feather patterns, that everyone except me knew. I am intrigued that Whitehawk (and it makes sense for them to be nicknamed the hawks) had the emblem first. More ammunition to take the piss out of the chavs with.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Oh, give over, that is a ridiculous figure to trot out, you could barely get any more than 7,000 people in Withdean Stadium, and in fact for the first couple of seasons the capacity was actually 1,000 seats less than that!
Indeed. But going along with the stupid comparison - 7,000 (in a stadium that couldn't fit any more) is 35 times Whitehawk's average crowd (200). So if they increase capacity as we have, they should be looking at close to a 1,000 seat stand.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
hawks.jpg

150px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

For the record.....

Capacity unknown it seems, 10k at most probably.

The evidence suggests that them up the A23 copied the new version of their crest from a Brighton non-league club ...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So when did Whitehawk start using that crest / badge?

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Haha 10k? ****ing hell. They wouldn't attract 10% of that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Since their formation in 1945
Seriously? Palace didn't even have a crest until the late 40s, and it was just a plain building.

So Palace have actually copied a Brighton team's badge. That's incredible. Why haven't we been taking the piss for this before now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here