Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Songs From The North Stand

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
As a group we need to find songs that we'll all join in with, that aren't sung just to insult another team, that aren't puerile in their content, that everyone can sing (i.e. that don't have too wide a range in the tune and don't required double-speed syllables, etc.), and that are easy to learn and remember. Once we do that we're laughing. Well, singing anyway.

Simple is the key.

Any suggestions? :ascarf:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
As a group we need to find songs that we'll all join in with, that aren't sung just to insult another team, that aren't puerile in their content, that everyone can sing (i.e. that don't have too wide a range in the tune and don't required double-speed syllables, etc.), and that are easy to learn and remember. Once we do that we're laughing. Well, singing anyway.

Simple is the key.

Any suggestions? :ascarf:

Some harmonies would be nice

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
i would love to see everyone moved into a central area and surely that would help out the atmosphere. i picked the wrong side of the north stand when i got my season ticket, but i assumed that the whole north stand sung, but in block H its full of family and kids. i might move around tomorrow only because the person i normally go with is not coming. so i can go and get involved in the singing. would love that. (life story sorry)

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Mate. It's been done at least a million times on here.

At any point in time there is a pretty obvious list of about ten Brighton chants that are all extremely likely to get taken up by a good number of people who can hear them starting.

1. Get out from under your box so both WSU and NS can hear the chants you start.
2. Start lots of these popular chants and notice which are working best.
3. Repeat 2.
4. Bask in the deserved praise and admiration of all Albion fans who enjoy a good atmosphere at The Amex.

5 sing with passion ... "my old man said be a palace fan. I said ... " and then whatever ... laugh etc.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
How about something original like

Chrissy hughtons Blue & white army (repeated until yhe whole stadium join in)

If that got chanted people might actually be able to follow the words

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Nice easy one, but copied from the Manchester derby

The city is ours! The city is ours, we're Brighton and hove Albion.
The city is ours

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Songs from the Huddersfield bore-draw were heavily laced with irony.
I couldn't resist "We forgot that we were 'ere - we forgot that we were 'ere" and during the interminable injury time "Home in a minute, we're going home in a minute".

Hopefully we'll have a bit more to sing about by the time Watford turn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here