Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Songs From The North Stand

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Robbie Fowler's magic, he's got a magic knob.
And when he saw Bellotti's wife he chucked it in her gob.
He banged it in her fanny, he shoved it up her arse.
Then he took her on the pitch and shagged her on the grass!
We need a campaign to get the words to this on the big screens as part of Fan Zone...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
These two always go down a storm on a long train trip. Can't see why they couldn't be slightly adapted. Everyone will love you for sure!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Thing is, the PBC do a great job away.

They start off some of the old favs like Go Left and Peter Ward. I quite like some of the new ones, including the Rohan Ince song (seems pretty pointless having player related songs - they aren't here long enough).

I think IMO that what rubs most fans up the wrong way is that:-

1) A lot of the PBC songs are complete pony - particularly the yankee doodle song. Too many of their songs are too slow and too dreary.

2) There is the impression (if not the actuality) of arrogant elitism. If you start a song and only 30/40 people around you are singing it, then it don't work. Try it out and if it don't catch on, drop it. Don't keep repeating the same old dirges every game.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
No wonder the atmosphere and songs are so shite with the Police Box GEEKS coming out with crap like this
If thats what they come up with, there really is a dearth of braincells in that area of the ground.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Thing is, the PBC do a great job away.

They start off some of the old favs like Go Left and Peter Ward. I quite like some of the new ones, including the Rohan Ince song (seems pretty pointless having player related songs - they aren't here long enough).

I think IMO that what rubs most fans up the wrong way is that:-

1) A lot of the PBC songs are complete pony - particularly the yankee doodle song. Too many of their songs are too slow and too dreary.

2) There is the impression (if not the actuality) of arrogant elitism. If you start a song and only 30/40 people around you are singing it, then it don't work. Try it out and if it don't catch on, drop it. Don't keep repeating the same old dirges every game.
Agree with 1) and 2).

Also agree that "Go Left" and "Peter Ward" are all right away from home. Basically, they work well for a bit of self-absorbed fun but they are rubbish for getting the whole of The Amex "rocking".

At The Amex we don't need the stuff that relies on a clique of those in the know and standing together. We do need more of the big stadium anthems that consistently get the whole of NS and WSU going together. On a good day this spreads to ES, WSL and SWC.

Gaz - are you in a position to try again to talk to people and make this happen? Tomorrow night, if there are any empty seats in the NWC, not under the PB, could you and your mates try using them and then go deliberately "old skool" with your chants for at least the first 15 minutes?

See how many times in 15 minutes you can get NS and WSU to combine on a chant. Depending on how the game goes it should be quite easy as Leeds will be singing and people are normally keen to respond/drown out away fan noise when we get it.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpg

Did this ever catch on ?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Did this ever catch on ?
No. Thank goodness. These sort of organised and derivative Eurodirges are exactly the sort of crap that I hope will never be a part of being a Brighton fan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wish those that came up with these songs were aware of what a syllable was :(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When I was, a little biddy boy
My grandmother bought me a cute little toy
Palace fans hanging on a string
She told me to kick their fxxxxxx heads in

That song is from "my ding a ling " by Chuck Berry in the 1970's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports