Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Song? Brighton Magiko

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Think if we start this in the North with a few (im in WSL) then it will catch on in the North and then folks like me in the West will know what its about and start it there.
Having watched the vid a few times, we need two groups (like left side, right side) that sing it to eachother. Then after a while, who knows? Might get one stand singing it at the other, amazing!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Been thinking about this (probably too much). Sorry if its already been said but how will this song/chant get started? If you watch the vids, the Panathanikos fans, start putting their hands in the air and shouting "ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh" ( a bit like the your shit ahhh, goal kick chant), then after enough join in they start the song.
So there should be something similar, like ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Brighton Magikooooooooooooooo, ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Brighton Magikoooooooooooooooooo, ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Brighton Magikoooooooooooooooooo... Then after 3 times START!!!

Thoughts?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Been thinking about this (probably too much). Sorry if its already been said but how will this song/chant get started? If you watch the vids, the Panathanikos fans, start putting their hands in the air and shouting "ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh" ( a bit like the your shit ahhh, goal kick chant), then after enough join in they start the song.
So there should be something similar, like ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Brighton Magikooooooooooooooo, ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh Brighton Magikoooooooooooooooooo, ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Brighton Magikoooooooooooooooooo... Then after 3 times START!!!

Thoughts?

already detailed plans around the things you suggest are in process, will all be put up on new thread later this evening..... it will have the jazz hands and bowing motion at start. I proposed it was lead by North stand/NSK with West and East doing the chant backs. If you watch video imagine guys in foreground are north/NSK, guys in distance (chant back -East and West) everybody sings clapping chorus. Waiting on NSK, all details very soon.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
already detailed plans around the things you suggest are in process, will all be put up on new thread later this evening..... it will have the jazz hands and bowing motion at start. I proposed it was lead by North stand/NSK with West and East doing the chant backs. If you watch video imagine guys in foreground are north/NSK, guys in distance (chant back -East and West) everybody sings clapping chorus. Waiting on NSK, all details very soon.

Nice Work PW! If The NSK are fully behind it, I think this will really get going, because its something for all not just a NSK/North Stand tune, in fact the work behind it is fans in general (you in particular) so its a real fans anthem.
I think we should start this small, then grow it. Like a seed. If others see even 30 or 40 doing it WELL then others (especially with song sheets etc) will join in. If we try it too big, its in danger of dying out. But I'm sure you are on the case. Great thing is we've got time until the Hull game.

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Suggestion, if its not too late:

change:
My Al-bi-on
My B-H-A
We'll be sup-porting you until our dying day

to:
My Al-bi-on
Are Brill-i-ant
We'll be sup-porting you until our dying day

Initials in songs just sound a bit... weird to me

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Can i just say this....

For some reason our supporters are really bad with new chants. Migt it be best to keep this as simple as possible? As in, one verse? Even the lines 'my albion, my bha', could just be 'my albion, my albion'.
I think, for these things to REALLY work, they need to be simple, after all, it's just about getting as many people as possible to make as much noise as possible, it really doesn't matter if the words are repeated and uninspired (which is why 'jut cant get enough' has caught on around the country, its just the majority of people going 'de de de de de de de').

ps, in an English tone it runs a serious risk of sounding like a funeral march.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dont worry guys, this will be quality. We are a well organised group. We can do it.

sorry guys.... just an update. Was going to put up new thread tonight, but when I do, wanted it to have all the info ready which it isn't yet.

Just so you know, there is a Brighton Magiko facebook page youtube channel with the final vid in it Incompatible Browser | Facebook

twitter http://www.twitter.com/brightonmagiko (in cool Albion away scheme!)

all of it is linked together, to build momentum, its all fully viral and any pictures/vid of the magiko in action can be emailed to an address (give that later), that puts its directly and automatically into facebook, which in turn sends it directly back to twitter....easy!

also basic viral 1 page website, so video and flyers can be sent electronically on mass with single click...... will be done tomorrow..... been at it all evening, but just not quite ready yet. spoke with rad of NSK, double sided flyers coming as well in next week.

hang fire, all will be revealed very soon. Who knows if we'll get it off the ground, but it wont be for a lack of trying.

The Brighton Magiko as selected, written and chosen by Albion fans.....coming soon!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Too complicated and foreign seems to be the gist of it.

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
I'd love this to happen but I have a new idea. Seems as though everybody is getting in to the "Go left, go left" song. I think it would sound awesome if the judge could get loads of people from the left side of the North stand doing the first verse, followed by the right side giving it the second verse. It would be left vs right so get load and competitive. Imagine...

Go left Go left, GO LEFT GO LEFT
Go left right lefttt, GO LEFT RIGHT LEFTTT
Go left go right go pick up the step go left go right go left, GO LEFT GO RIGHT GO PICK UP THE STEP GO LEFT GO RIGHT GO LEFT

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'd love this to happen but I have a new idea. Seems as though everybody is getting in to the "Go left, go left" song. I think it would sound awesome if the judge could get loads of people from the left side of the North stand doing the first verse, followed by the right side giving it the second verse. It would be left vs right so get load and competitive. Imagine...

Go left Go left, GO LEFT GO LEFT
Go left right lefttt, GO LEFT RIGHT LEFTTT
Go left go right go pick up the step go left go right go left, GO LEFT GO RIGHT GO PICK UP THE STEP GO LEFT GO RIGHT GO LEFT

Why don't we all just do it together? :shrug:

This post does highlight a really good point. For all the hype that some people gave it on this thread, nobody was ever going to join in with the abomination that is the Majiko song.

The golden oldie that is the 'Go left go left' song has emerged all by itself in the north stand, people tried it, other people liked it and joined in so it has caught on. That doesn't happen with 99% of the shite songs that people put up on here. There's a lesson to be learned there.

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
Why don't we all just do it together? :shrug:

This post does highlight a really good point. For all the hype that some people gave it on this thread, nobody was ever going to join in with the abomination that is the Majiko song.

The golden oldie that is the 'Go left go left' song has emerged all by itself in the north stand, people tried it, other people liked it and joined in so it has caught on. That doesn't happen with 99% of the shite songs that people put up on here. There's a lesson to be learned there.

I just think it would be really good to do a left vs right thing. I think it would make it louder and more passionate. Like a better version of "We're the left side, We're the right side". Either way i think this song will get better and louder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here