Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Song? Brighton Magiko

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Need to practice it first and have people hold the pace. Having said that, it's a song that we haven't all been singing for years, so I don't think it will get speed up like other songs.

So how do we move this forward now. Need a recording of the melody to sing along to and song sheets, start with 30 or so, then once they have it, start it off in concourse with songsheets and it will catch on. Don't be embarrassed by song sheets and stuff, just do it, it will work.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Need to practice it first and have people hold the pace. Having said that, it's a song that we haven't all been singing for years, so I don't think it will get speed up like other songs.

So how do we move this forward now. Need a recording of the melody to sing along to and song sheets, start with 30 or so, then once they have it, start it off in concourse with songsheets and it will catch on. Don't be embarrassed by song sheets and stuff, just do it, it will work.

Spoke to both Pantani and twinkle toes about lyrics and rev 3 was going to be final. (now small delay re post below for opinions to line change request)

want nsk to get involved/take a lead in it with organisation to get it going.

Will get 1-2000 a6 flyers done, and set it up so its dead simple to send electronically.

Will publish in new thread more organisational details, just give us a few hours.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In section 2, instead off "Brighton FC" would "Seagulls are we" work better?

Brighton fc
Blue white army

To:

Seagulls are we
Blue white army

Or

Seagulls are we
Brighton fc?

Thx for input.

There will certainly be 1 or 2 that may think this or that may be slightly better and so it would go on.

If a good few others agree with your line change it can be done..... it will delay by few hours, but if consensus is that will improve it considerably, so it will be.

Opinions...

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Top work Mr Ward (& Pantani too, of course)! :clap2:

It certainly makes a refreshing change to see that virtually everyone who's commented thus far has given it the :thumbsup:. I hope it really takes off - coz we've been crying-out for more songs for a good while now: & this would signify a real step forward (if we can get it going).

Here's to the bleedin' Crazy Frog Contingent not screwing it up. Innit. :)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Top work Mr Ward (& Pantani too, of course)! :clap2:

It certainly makes a refreshing change to see that virtually everyone who's commented thus far has given it the :thumbsup:. I hope it really takes off - coz we've been crying-out for more songs for a good while now: & this would signify a real step forward (if we can get it going).

Here's to the bleedin' Crazy Frog Contingent not screwing it up. Innit. :)
This sounds great. Crazy frog mob will screw it, you know it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Brighton fc
Blue white army

To:

Seagulls are we
Blue white army

This, It think it flows better and would also include our nick-name, rather than a reference to a club that doesn't really exist (sorry to be pedantic etc).

ok noted, i will delay a bit and wait on others comments... if a few agree it will be done

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Brilliant. Good work everyone. This could be immense if it gets going. (i agree with the pacing of it...no point doing this at a million miles an hour!)

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
It looks good in the vids with the flags waving along with it, maybe our freebie ones will come in handy again after all. Maybe a few scarfs twirling to add a bit more colour also.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It looks good in the vids with the flags waving along with it, maybe our freebie ones will come in handy again after all. Maybe a few scarfs twirling to add a bit more colour also.

We need more scarfs going, it would like amazing having the whole stand waving flags and scarfs in the air.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

wow. glad you commented rad :bowdown:

it will be done, will pm later rad about organisation, would be great if you guys at nsk could take lead with it all as our sort of official atmosphere generation department!

any other last min changes....speak now or forever do this version of magiko

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Spoke to both Pantani and twinkle toes about lyrics and rev 3 was going to be final. (now small delay re post below for opinions to line change request)

want nsk to get involved/take a lead in it with organisation to get it going.

Will get 1-2000 a6 flyers done, and set it up so its dead simple to send electronically.

Will publish in new thread more organisational details, just give us a few hours.

Well done PW!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
final rev 4.... this is it. will get its own thread within 24 hours, with a lot more info re organisation and electronic viral capability etc. plus the opening jazz hands sequence!!

thanks to winker for new line change...... you can spread the magiko news now, more info and thread tomorrow evening.

all previous 3 revisions now deleted on youtube.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
final rev 4.... this is it. will get its own thread within 24 hours, with a lot more info re organisation and electronic viral capability etc. plus the opening jazz hands sequence!!

thanks to winker for new line change...... you can spread the magiko news now, more info and thread tomorrow evening.

all previous 3 revisions now deleted on youtube.

Can you just post the lyrics by them self? would be easier to learn if I knew all the words before I try fitting them in.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Can you just post the lyrics by them self? would be easier to learn if I knew all the words before I try fitting them in.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Brigh-ton Ma-gi-koooooooo
we will follow you wherever you will goooo
We will chant
We will sing
the greatest fans you've ever seen

Section two
(2. clap - don't sing back!)

My Al-bi-on
My B-H-A
We'll be sup-porting you until our dying day
Seagulls are we