Votes: 201 34.1%

• Total voters

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
JCL

You clearly wasn't around during the 80's or 90's

First season for me was 74/75 which was all white.
I loath this new kit because we have been in stripes for 30 odd years and because it could be anyone that plays in blue.

I suspect much of the love comes from wearing it in the FA Cup final, but we got relegated wearing it which was the first step on the road that took us to the gates of oblivion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Really? I thought it was a Millwall shirt with Albion decals ironed on.

image.jpeg

This is the 2019/20 Millwall shirt, hope this helps. :)

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I just don't like it. I was OK with the Phoenix Brewery post Cup-Final one, I hated the B-Cal one, albeit was our first "silky" kit and I remember that seemed to be a big deal in 1980 .. .. Leicester, Birmingham, Ipswich etc etc.. stripes for me and I hope for a fab new away kit.. a white version of this might be alright..

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Agree We have always had proper stripes. Why change

But we haven’t always had proper stripes, since 1901 the Albion have spent approximately 20% wearing kits that are not the standard blue and white stripes. What determines a proper stripe anyway? I was always under the impression that pin stripe was very much a stripe in its own right. It’s absolutely fine that people don’t like it, but let’s not pretend with changed colour, or switched to hoops or something, they’ve created a shirt in a style which has been quite prominent in our history.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
changed mind on it more have seen it.

Actually think we look a bit more serious as a side with it haha. Look a proper side now who you can see turning into something very very good. That striped kit was us but small time

Nah , I've no idea what I'm on about either

edit ... what other clubs overhaul their traditional kit , from memory Wigan seem to have an identity crisis and who knows if Luton are orange or White by default. Oh and Cardiff when they went red.

Do top sides mess about ? ( not counting Saints as I dunno if they are stripes or what )

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I know the FA cup was a big deal back then but having "FA Cup Finalists" under the badge of that Phoenix Brewery shirt just screams tinpottery.
Every finalist has it on their shirt for the final, they still do it now.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
changed mind on it more have seen it.

Actually think we look a bit more serious as a side with it haha. Look a proper side now who you can see turning into something very very good. That striped kit was us but small time

Nah , I've no idea what I'm on about either
No i actually get what you mean, for some reason, I just can't disassociate stripes with lower league.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
I know it's change and people will have divided opinions. I have always preferred stripes but, if we are going to move away from them, I'd like to go back to the Massive style of a blue body and white arms. I know it was just seeing something different for the first time but, watching on Sunday, I found it it much harder to recognise who our individual players were and was continually puzzled as to why they all appeared to be wearing dog collars...... OK, Specsavers it is!

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
For those who like it, do you not admit that this could be an Everton, Leicester or Portsmouth kit? That’s my issue.. it’s generic, it’s not us.

I love it, and don't you admit that the stripes could be a Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, or Colchester ? They are all generic.

My first 5 years supporting we wore solid blue tops (white arms), so I'm not so precious about stripes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Like the shirt, which along with the new shorts and socks completes an all round good look. But that collar is an abomination

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here