Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt has arrived

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
That transfer is awful. Looks so tacky, like i've unsuccessfully tried to iron it on myself.

I love getting new kits, but I don't want this one.

carteater

Id like to see one which isnt fat ******* size.

you think thats fat ******* size???

what about this...

BtOFUskCEAACh_0.jpg

:ohmy: :wozza:

also that sponsor logo is shocking, at least make it the same shade of white ffs!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
From the pictures the sponsor logo looks awful. Can't see Amex being too impressed with their logo falling off and generally looking shite after a couple of washes.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Now I've seen it I'm not so egar to get home. If that sponsor is really as sh*t as it looks its definitely going back.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It does look awful but with so many fans still willing to pay FORTY FIVE QUID for a shoddy product, nothing will change. Don't buy it or return the thing if you're truly disappointed. Maybe then the club's marketing dept and their Nike contacts will see fit to appease their customers.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Will be keeping last years blue and white stripes and the Amex commemorative one as my home kits for a while. None of this stick on logo rubbish.

However, the away kit does tempt me as I love red and black stripes. Dilema !

carteater

that sponsor logo is W*** surely its less hassle to make it part of the fabric rather than press it on and make it look like a non-league kit ffs, last years kit had that and it looked much better, i think i will still be wearing last seasons kit to games, unless they sort it out

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
I'm stunned that American Express would allow their logo being used like this (they could have at least colour matched the logo background to the white stripes)

I won't be buying a shirt this year (which is a shame as my old home shirt was destroyed by the washing machine)

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Sponsor ruins the shirt for me and unless the club get that changed I wont be purchasing this one. Shame really as I like the kit otherwise and am in need of a new shirt having bot bought one since first season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its so stupid, isn't it? Iron-on lettering would actually have looked absolutely fine. They just needed to design in a rectangular gap in the stripes, to form the white background.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
As a 35 yr old, I don't generally buy the kit. But when we got Nike I thought I'd probably get one, assuming the whole design would be pretty slick.
It's not.
Even my 1994-96 Sandtex shirt didn't have a stick on logo.
That is I'm afraid a tacky looking shirt.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Massive order placed based on previous higher quality..Delivery two months later than could have been = big pile in warehouse

Not bought one since they are £2.50 & this will continue
Can a clothing expert say if there is a product which will remove the logo, it'll be fine them

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The pictures certainly make the sponsors logo look truly awful. I will reserve judgement until I see the shirt in the err.....flesh/fabric before making a decision. Shame as the actual shirt looks great, but oh my the logo looks amateurish.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Massive order placed based on previous higher quality..Delivery two months later than could have been = big pile in warehouse

Not bought one since they are £2.50 & this will continue
Can a clothing expert say if there is a product which will remove the logo, it'll be fine them

There are methods online which show how to remove player names and numbers (which are pretty much the same). You have to place a piece of paper over the top of the transfer, and heat it until it starts to stick to the paper and loosen from the shirt. Pretty risky though, as you could very easily burn a hole through the shirt.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Was looking forward to seeing what Nike came up with for us as I really didn't like last years effort from Errea. Disappointed with it though tbh (especially that transfer on the front - looks very cheap & nasty) so wont be spending my money after the long wait we've had for it. The retro "Bukta" style shirt they sold for a tenner last year in the shop looks better than the Nike one, so I'll just keep wearing that one on match day.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Asked this before, but nobody knew.

Can it be bought without the stuck on sponsors logo?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here