Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New screens at the stadium

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The club are always looking to improve the fan experience by spending the money. Another example of this.

I have it on good authority that these screens will be used to resurrect the famous ‘spot the ball’ Evening Argus game.

Prior to the match, they’ll display a recent image from one of our matches with the ball cleverly erased. You’ll be able to use the Albion App to identify the ball’s location before and during the match.

When the match is over the, the screens will display the updated image with the ball now showing. I’m led to believe that the ‘box park’ concept is there to provide refreshments for the crowds surrounding these screens waiting for the ball to appear.

el punal

I had to go the store again today and there were workmen installing what looked like very large ‘portrait’ style TV screens on the external walls, looked to be 1 of them at each corner. They’re really investing around the outside of the stadium now.

Caption what the first ad will be?!

View attachment 169823
We’re the left screen, we’re the left screen, we’re the left screen Brighton boys!

We’re the right screen, we’re the right screen . . . . . .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I had to go the store again today and there were workmen installing what looked like very large ‘portrait’ style TV screens on the external walls, looked to be 1 of them at each corner. They’re really investing around the outside of the stadium now.

View attachment 169823
Nice to see. These are subbies of ours.

That is Phil and Dave in the scissor lift btw, and Craig stood in front of the van ‘directing’ (having a smoke). :smile:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is it where they're going to show the VAR stuff and replays so everyone knows what's going on?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I guess there is a reason why the screen is not centred.

I haven't seen them in person, guess I must have walked around with my eyes closed on Sunday. However although its difficult to tell from the picture they look pretty central left to right on the wall. I don't think they'd want them central on the vertical axis as surely it's better to have them as high up as possible.

I have it on good authority that these screens will be used to resurrect the famous ‘spot the ball’ Evening Argus game.

If they are showing this image then we know the moment in question is Ulloa's penalty.

shuttleiss2620 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Have they moved the screen in the south east corner inside the ground? I could always see the team on that screen but on Sunday it seemed to have shifted. The gantry handing under the east roof was in the way and I know for certain that hasn't moved, but then a long conversation about where it had moved from. Has it been lifted perhaps?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice new revenue stream for the club when the adverts start popping up.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I thought it looked cool when I saw it on Sunday. I love all these little mods that keep comming at the Amex. When you look at videos of the stadium when it opened it looks so different to now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The big screens inside the stadium, I'm thinking of writing a complaint to Paul Barber, they they have apparently deliberately reduced them in size and made them more blurry in every year since the Amex opened.

I mean, talk about spiteful

Attachments

• IMG_0328.png
    IMG_0328.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 28

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have to admit a 20 foot

WERE LOOSE

Will look pretty impressive.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's designed to save someone having to walk around the ground with a board showing the lucky raffle numbers. He received so much abuse he binned it and went to work on the ring fence at Selhurst

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Have they moved the screen in the south east corner inside the ground? I could always see the team on that screen but on Sunday it seemed to have shifted. The gantry handing under the east roof was in the way and I know for certain that hasn't moved, but then a long conversation about where it had moved from. Has it been lifted perhaps?

There is no screen in the south east corner! NE or SW

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's designed to save someone having to walk around the ground with a board showing the lucky raffle numbers. He received so much abuse he binned it and went to work on the ring fence at Selhurst
GET THAT F**KiNG BOARD DOWN

One of my favourite things about Withdean days. Poor bloke.

Someone posted a link to the planning application for all of the exterior signage improvements a few months ago (possibly Chailey Jem).

There are more changes to come, including new totem signs (possibly with blue Seagull sculptures sitting on top) and more blue cladding creating portals around the entrances.

The signage inside the stadium, especially the large signs hanging from the roof above the east and west stands, have also been good additions/updates. I drove over the hill from Woodingdean a couple of weeks ago and you can see the sign on the east clearly as you approach from that side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here