Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Right Back Needed

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Honestly i would be happy with Veltman and Milner doing it next season.

Were we to sign someone else though i would be delighted though

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As long as we can get them fit, we will have Veltman and Lamptey, with Offiah as a youngster coming through and Milner and Webster as experienced 'cover'. I think getting an Estupiñán alternative (other than Solly as cover) and trying to get Colwill (or alternative) are far higher priorities.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Would rather Livramemto
Apart from the benefit of a season struggling at the bottom of the PL (and getting relegated) how much is he more likely to be a useful RB squad member to us next season than Offiah?
No, I don't know any better than you ...........................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hello all. Now don't get me wrong, I think Joel Veltman is an amazing player but I do think we need a more attacking option next year. The player I would love to see us sign is Kyle Walker-Peters (hope I spelt that right) Combining him with Estupinan would give us a real attacking option on both flanks. Whilst on the phone to Southampton we might be able to tempt Ward-Prowse as well. Now that would be a sign of intent.
Nah - not the right sort of signings for us. We've all heard of both of them.......................................

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is the deal with Lamptey, he's techinclaly fit now isn't he? Why doesn't RDZ fancy him?
Is he ? He’s out for the season I thought

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Everything hinges on Sunday and then against Villa. These results will determine our transfer business to an extent; let’s just focus on what we’ve got and get behind the boys for these last three crucial games.
Winning the Europa League is worth around £8m, which is on a par with winning a group in the Champions League. Then you have something like +£2m for each place you finish higher in the premier league.

I am not sensing a massive cash injection, although I would still expect us to have a healthy transfer fund by our standards.
Given we have 2/3 incoming in the pipeline inckuding a record signing, I am not sure what other business we can expect and it feels like player sales will have a bigger influence than final league position on our transfer sepnd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last week there was a pearl clutching 'why would RDZ sign for Spurs?' thread.

Last night RDZ had to compromise his midfield to play Caicedo completely out of position, until forced to rejig with a teenaged debutante.

Spurs - awash with fullbacks spent £40m on Porro - in January, just to appease a manager who they already knew loathed them.

Jul 7, 2003
If only the much missed Ben's Grandad was still with us, he could have helped RDZ and the recruitment team in finding a suitable backup for Pervis.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Norwich are going to let Max Aarons leave this summer. I imagine we'd have a look at him. Matt Docherty might also be a consideration. Lots of experience but not getting games at Atl. Madrid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here