Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Right Back Needed

venkuk

May 15, 2023
Hello all. Now don't get me wrong, I think Joel Veltman is an amazing player but I do think we need a more attacking option next year. The player I would love to see us sign is Kyle Walker-Peters (hope I spelt that right) Combining him with Estupinan would give us a real attacking option on both flanks. Whilst on the phone to Southampton we might be able to tempt Ward-Prowse as well. Now that would be a sign of intent.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Everything hinges on Sunday and then against Villa. These results will determine our transfer business to an extent; let’s just focus on what we’ve got and get behind the boys for these last three crucial games.

venkuk

May 15, 2023
Everything hinges on Sunday and then against Villa. These results will determine our transfer business to an extent; let’s just focus on what we’ve got and get behind the boys for these last three crucial games.
If Villa lost to Liverpool and we beat Southampton then we are guaranteed top 7. Doesn't really matter about the Villa game. It would determine which competition I guess.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Alzate might have a chance you know. Can imagine RDZ liking him there.
No. we have absolutely no shortage of central midfielders who may be able to fill in temporarily at full back. We need an actual full back. Or at least get the ones we have fit.

On the other side Estupinan looks like a player who's played too many games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Offiah looked ok to me as a youngster with minimal 1st team experience, useful back up. Hopefully Lamptey will be fit again by next season to battle with Veltman.
In 20 minutes? Yes, that's what he would look like - because that is what he is. That's what Caicedo was less than two years ago!.....or Enciso, or Ferguson........

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We need to find 2 full backs as Lamptey looks like a 15-20 game player with continuous fitness issues and no back up for Estupinan. We also have gone from so many centre backs to very very few fit ones. We may need Veltman to cover there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We need three defensive signings at least. Right back, some proper cover for Estupinian and Colwill permanently or a similar replacement.

None of those players are Kyle Walker-Peters. Bang average player who wouldn’t have started for Southampton if Livramento was fit.

venkuk

May 15, 2023
We need three defensive signings at least. Right back, some proper cover for Estupinian and Colwill permanently or a similar replacement.

None of those players are Kyle Walker-Peters. Bang average player who wouldn’t have started for Southampton if Livramento was fit.
I'd hardly call him bang average but it's all subjective I guess.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Villa lost to Liverpool and we beat Southampton then we are guaranteed top 7. Doesn't really matter about the Villa game. It would determine which competition I guess.
If Brentford beat spurs as well we are guaranteed Europa with a win vs Saints.
With our GD, draws in both games is probably good enough.

Saints is massive.
In retrospect, RDZ has made the right call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here