Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Right Back Needed

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Winning the Europa League is worth around £8m, which is on a par with winning a group in the Champions League. Then you have something like +£2m for each place you finish higher in the premier league.

I am not sensing a massive cash injection, although I would still expect us to have a healthy transfer fund by our standards.
Given we have 2/3 incoming in the pipeline inckuding a record signing, I am not sure what other business we can expect and it feels like player sales will have a bigger influence than final league position on our transfer sepnd.
I think we'll spend a lot more than has already been shelled out this summer/window. That said, there will be a lot of money incoming this window too.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
KWP doesn't impress me much and would likely be expensive for his quality.

I'd much rather sign someone like Amar Dedic who can cover both fullback roles.
I like Dedic a lot, but I don’t know if we could play him and Estupinian together in the same team.

One of the reasons I don’t think Lamptey has played much is because the team needs a player with different strengths on the other side.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Apart from the benefit of a season struggling at the bottom of the PL (and getting relegated) how much is he more likely to be a useful RB squad member to us next season than Offiah?
No, I don't know any better than you ...........................
Well there was a lot of excitement about Livramento as a youth player and he’s played for England at every age group, including 5 times for the U21s. He’s also played 28 times in the PL at the age of 19, which suggests he’s very talented. Hopefully Offiah can be great, only the club and coaches can know that, but it would be a major surprise if Livramento didn’t go on to have a very good career at PL level (and we presumably thought the same when we tried to sign him two years ago)

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
If I had to take a Southampton full back (and I would think we'd have better options out there) it would be Livramento. ACL injuries aren't as bad as they once were and if he was back to pre-injury form and could stay fit. I think he'd be very good under RDZ

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If I had to take a Southampton full back (and I would think we'd have better options out there) it would be Livramento. ACL injuries aren't as bad as they once were and if he was back to pre-injury form and could stay fit. I think he'd be very good under RDZ
Wonder if he regrets his decision now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here