Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m struggling to work out the size of this in my head.
From the pictures it looks small, but given the plans for Dicks to move into it and the potential as a venue for other events it must take a fair bit of space.
It looks great but, yes, agreed - how big is it (it looks big) and where does it fit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It looks great but, yes, agreed - how big is it (it looks big) and where does it fit?
Judging by a couple of the photos, it looks like it fits opposite the ticket office windows, in the position where the outside catering cabins and Harveys bar currently are

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Looks like a big improvement to me, though you can never be certain until you see how it works IRL. There’s nothing there that’s screaming out at me as wrong or misguided though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yep. It’s high (2 floors) but it’s presumably just replacing what’s there in terms of the space occupied by the DJ hut , 3 food outlets (coffee, burgers, fish/chips), 2 x mini drink vans, a lot of queues, and adding tables, toilets , a roof, and a second floor (for Dicks), and several screens and a stage . But it’s still squeezed between the meeting point, ticket office, NE entrance and (what is now) the food outlets - but still impressive and a material expansion

. PS amazed some of the comments on here are a bit what have the Romans done for us etc etc

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Regardless of the capacity or whether I'd be able to get a seat it will just be amazing to grab a beer, some food and be able to use a toilet pre match.

My preference is always to enter the stadium as late as possible, my first memories of Brighton games was the buzz of walking on to the stands when it was already packed out. Currently I arrive stupidly early, have a few pints until my middle aged bladder let's me down, then I end up sitting in the stands at 230 like a tourist.
There's a big difference between having a pint and a pie on the concourse at the Amex and trying to do the same at the Goldstone. That said, I understand your reference to the buzz, remember the first cup final and the first buzz I felt at wembley was walking around the concourse and then catching a glimpse for the first time of the pitch through the entrance to the terraces.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think it does look impressive but if they are closing Dick's bar then you are just moving that crowd to another area. It would be interesting to know what phase two is and whether this included extending covered areas around the outside concourse.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks brilliant and will be a very significant bonus to some peoples’ matchday experience.

I have only two little doubts…

1. Will it cause a really problematic bottleneck in the crowd flow around the ground pre / post match?

2. Nobody has raised this, so I presume you are all expecting access to this fanzone to be free of charge. In light of Barber’s specific mention of the Boxpark experience, I do not think free entry is a given…

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So Dick’s bar will eventually close and move to the new development.

“Dick’s Bar will remain open as a pre-turnstile bar in the short term, before being incorporated within the new Fan Zone to help facilitate further future development of our facilities in the North Stand.”

More seats in the North?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here