Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I pride myself on my timekeeping! :)

Regarding El Pres, why don't you just ask him, can't say I actually know of any other mods accounts, not really necessary for me to ever check out fellow mods pretty pointless really, A mod moderating a mod really does seem a waste of time :lol: anyway, all the mods are very well behaved and damn near perfect!! no.......we ARE perfect!! :thumbsup:

Some of you are :wink:

Frank Provocation

Dec 11, 2013
Hello

Im The Guvnor,

I've taken the plunge.

:rave:

I think this is possibly a spelling mistake, he meant to type ‘I’m the guava
Did a bit of wiki research.

Guavas (singular guava, /ˈɡwɑː.və/)[3] are plants)
The most frequently eaten species, and the one often simply referred to as "the guava", is the Apple Guava
Guava leaves are used in folk medicine as a remedy for diarrhea
The fruit is not only relished by humans, but by many mammals and birds as well. The spread of introduced guavas owes much to this fact, since animals eat the fruit and disperse the seeds in their droppings.

The spelling seems closer to Guava than Governor which has 8 letters and no u.
I think this poor chap has been misunderstood, he probably feels he's dug himself a hole and can't get out (like a real plant)

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
I think this is possibly a spelling mistake, he meant to type ‘I’m the guava
Did a bit of wiki research.

Guavas (singular guava, /ˈɡwɑː.və/)[3] are plants)
The most frequently eaten species, and the one often simply referred to as "the guava", is the Apple Guava
Guava leaves are used in folk medicine as a remedy for diarrhea
The fruit is not only relished by humans, but by many mammals and birds as well. The spread of introduced guavas owes much to this fact, since animals eat the fruit and disperse the seeds in their droppings.

The spelling seems closer to Guava than Governor which has 8 letters and no u.
I think this poor chap has been misunderstood, he probably feels he's dug himself a hole and can't get out (like a real plant)

Listen mate I'm spelling it my way which is "The Guvnor"

Which is MY way, don't want to copy right as I'm unique

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not sure how varying became caring :lol: but can assure you it was a genuine typo.
Fully understand losing the log in details or even want to start again under a new name, but why would someone want to continue to post simultaneously under more than one name.

As you say " ALL genuine people only ever use the one account" which rightly in your words excludes El pres.

When you find posters that have duplicate identities you quite rightly merge them, but because he is a mod his continue to manned.
See why I believe there are double standards?

I realise you have a day job and after 10.30 will be fine :wink:

I appreciate your point, but on behalf of bhadebenhams and London Pompous their posts from my account would not carry the same degree of gravitas. It's just a bit of amusement for a nomark such as myself whilst bored at work.

God Bless the Queen Mum and Danny Dyer.

Jimmy Grimble

Do I? would love to hear your reasoning behind that statement........make it good.......

Is that a thinly veiled threat?

To me it seems like you are often pretty keen to remind posters how tough your role on NSC is, almost fishing for sympathy and praise from others. Don't think I've ever seen other mods do it. The whole thread has been riddled with you trying to out what might be a second account - highlighting your 'research' process so people can see what you've gone through, which really should have been done via PM with the user shouldn't it? Anyway, below is two examples of you on this thread reminding everyone of the mild perils of your work...

Yeah I know what your saying, and I don't disagree, but pretty much all the spoof and idiot accounts we have had in the past, and still do get are all of the fredflintstone / mickeymouse@whatever.com always from an e mail provider that is not well known, so as I'm sure you can appreciate when these come along it does raise certain suspicions and in most cases ends up being a spoof / idiot account.

In fairness to this lad he does appear genuine, but all the initial research I was doing did feel like it was a spoof account, but hopefully I was wrong, time will tell I guess.

The time and effort spent is all for the good of NSC and for absolutely no other reason, but yes, sometimes I do get it wrong.

Not at all, we know of many people who have double accounts, all for varying reasons, in the main we ignore them, unless they become a problem, as in a banned person tries re-joining with a spoof account etc.

I personally try and cut off spoof accounts at source, but as I have admitted above on the odd occasion I may get it wrong, what non of you see is the amount of times I get it right and the time and effort I spend looking in to some of the accounts to verify if they are genuine or not, don't get me wrong most applications are just straight forward and cause no issues.

Also, when a thread like this one is started in the way it did, in most cases we get many reported posts saying things like......."dual account this guy is posting just like ..........." in this case, and I had literally just got in from work and saw it, I felt it was probably a spoof account, maybe an existing banned Palace fan or the like, so with hindsight I was probably wrong to do so, but as can be seen I openly researched this one, as like many others on here I felt it was "Dodgy" as I say maybe I was wrong, time will tell.

Maybe I've got it wrong, but that's my opinion :thumbsup:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It’s always suspicious when someone creates a pretentious username that infers a superiority complex for their own ego, and if you start a thread solely for introducing yourself as The Boss, The Almighty, The Awesome, The Judge, or the Guvnor etc to grab attention you are fair game and do not deserve to be taken seriously.
Fair post Symyjym....I suspect is is really Lord Lucan...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Leave the Guvnor alone. On behalf of Upper West, G Block, I would also like to welcome Sid back.

:thumbsup:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Welcome mate, whoever you are. :) unfortunately you've had yourself seriously teased, but stuck with it. Not a lot of good though trying to be an instant Gov on here. Just be nice and talk crap most of the time and you'll fit in nicely. :xmas:

The Guvnor

Dec 16, 2013
Welcome mate, whoever you are. :) unfortunately you've had yourself seriously teased, but stuck with it. Not a lot of good though trying to be an instant Gov on here. Just be nice and talk crap most of the time and you'll fit in nicely. :xmas:

Seems like there is some decent people on here and some dicks but I guess this site quite rightly sums up our fans.

Merry Christmas everyone lets get amongst it :drink::drink::drink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports