• In

Votes: 168 51.1%
  • Out

Votes: 161 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D

Deleted member 22389

Watching various news channels absolutely no words on the fantastic OUT meeting tonight, apart from Galloway being there. Pathetic, pro EU news trying to destroy any alternative views.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
At this point in the last thread 47.5% vote to stay, 41.18% Leave, the rest undecided. Decided in pages not votes!

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
Future of the country, future of Europe surely you should take this seriously ... rock paper scissors?

Copy_of_rock_paper_scissors.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not happy about my quote being completely changed. FFS is this how the OUT campaign is going to conduct itself?

You think that was part of an out campaign? Wow!

It was just pointing out the emptiness of any worthwhile content in your post, a comment which could equally apply either way. Or is it only the 'ins' that are to be allowed to post bland platitudes and expect them to be considered as profound political commentary?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree with much of what you say. I think the 'holding my nose' inners will probably be the decisive section of the population that will swing the vote to a relatively comfortable staying in win.
I think it will be more the 'Oh, I don't know - should we really risk it, especially when our nice Prime Minister is telling us it's a wonderful deal' inners that will swing it. Hopefully they won't - having watched Cameron tonight, and the news for the last few days, I'm more hopeful that people will see past the Emperor's New Clothes, which after all, is all that dodgy Dave has going for him at the moment.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
So called 'deal' is bullshit. Will be blocked by the other member states if the nation voted to remain!
No real control of our borders and a temporary fix on foreign 'sponges' for 7 years only!!!
Funny how those Eastern European countries didn't want to reduce the amount of child benefit money paid by our tax payer to one of 'their' nationals living here could send back to their children in that country!!! How hell is that right in the first place?
The only way is out of this bullshit EU!

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Watching various news channels absolutely no words on the fantastic OUT meeting tonight, apart from Galloway being there. Pathetic, pro EU news trying to destroy any alternative views.

typical biased mainstream news so desperate they'll go through any lengths to destroy the out campaign.
not that impressed with the anti galloway lot either, it is about time they put their differences aside for the sake of a once in a lifetime opportunity to get the f*ck out of this sh*thole for good.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Out

Economically it will make no difference at all, but we will be able to control our laws and borders, something sadly lacking right now.

Don't you think some of the multinationals will not want to move from us into the EU countries if we leave (some have said so!)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Can't see why over 70's should be allowed to vote. It a decision for the long term not the next 10 years

Given that a few years ago nearly a quarter of under-24-year-olds didn't know who the prime minister was perhaps we should restrict voting to the over-70s.

(I can't see pro-membership voters agreeing to that though - research indicates that the most strongly anti-EU group is old, white, male and poorly educated.)

Are we watching Cameron's apparently cunning plan to get the UK to stay in the EU end up by turning public opinion towards an OUT vote? If so, then even by his own standards, Cameron is a disaster of a prime minister.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Undecided, and very confused.... maybe I won't even vote.

This will be the problem for many. We need to have all the facts before making a decision. My fear is that many people will just do what people like Murdoch tell them to do.

Another interesting observation on this thread. Those voting "IN" tend to post once. Those against seem to need to post several times. Strength of feeling? :shrug:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Really? Probably all talk no truth. I would doubt hardly any would leave

I am genuinely interested to know why you doubt this, and hope that you will be able to cheer me up.

It seems to me that this would be a danger, particularly as we have already sold so many of our UK organisations off to foreign owners who have few traditional connections to the country. Take one of our biggest car plants for example, the jewel of NE manufacturing, Nissan. There was serious resistance from Nissan part-owners Renault to investment in Sunderland recently and although it went ahead it is much less likely to happen next time if the UK is outside the EU. And why on earth would Honda and Toyota want to base their next European plants outside the 'common market'? It would be illogical. The Indians might decide that moving Jaguar and Range Rover production exclusively to Slovakia is a step too far, as would the German owners of Rolls Royce and Bentley, but foreign owners of foreign brands would have no compunction about moving when the time came.

As far as I know the biggest British branded/British owned car manufacturer is Morgan but they won't help us much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here