Votes: 168 51.1%
  • Out

Votes: 161 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Still on the fence. Immigration is a massive issue, but we don't seem to do much to control the immigration we do have control over, let alone what we don't. Primacy of our parliament is also important, but our politicians of all persuasions have screwed up plenty of times in recent years, with no help/interference from Brussels. I do think it makes sense to have policies on the environment, fishing, security that are made over the whole of the continent. I do think we are a big and strong enough country to stand on our own in the world, without being part of the EU if we had to, but I think our voice is stronger as part of it. I am quite torn really, but plenty of time to make my mind up.

With the ongoing migration crisis, and the Euro crisis bound to flare up again, the result of our referendum may become superfluous in any case, as it's certainly a possibility the EU could be torn apart over these two issues anyway

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
In.

Not sure I be bothered to continually vote in new NSC polls though, so until referendum day that is me done.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What was the point in fighting 2 world wars, and over a million British lives in the cause of not being a slave to a European power.

You could also go back a bit further, and the threat of Napolean, helped by British victories at trafalgor and waterloo.

We would never have defeated Napoleon without Prussia and the Dutch. Austria and Russia were mobilising against him as well. Napoleons France was the odd one out in those days !!

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
don't be fool enough to believe in what cameron says,and remember the stitch up in 75,,
and remember some of what he has gained will be taken back.anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If - post-deal - we can have our cake and eat it then surely only a fool would leave now?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Nice to see so many people waiting to see the details of the PM's epic deal before voting again .... :whistle:

Entirely understandable. Poll after poll has suggested that the matter of immigration is a key concern for many. There is nothing in the deal to address that issue, as this has been widely discussed before now. Therefore there is nothing in the deal that can address that concern for those people.

Personally I think Dave has dropped a clanger with these negotiations regardless of the content of the deal. By haggling over relatively small matters such as child benefit during a time when Europe faces the greatest migration of people in 70+ years he has made the country look collectively petty and mean spirited on the world stage. Given that the deal also does not address immigration he has underlined that there is nothing that the country can do on this point while it remains in the EU. I believe that this issue alone has increased the chances of an out vote when the time comes. He has also set in motion the mother of all slanging matches within his own party.

Declaring my own hand, and without having seen the deal, I would probably vote to remain in, in a "holding my nose" kind of way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alternatively -

Not happy about my quote being completely changed. FFS is this how the OUT campaign is going to conduct itself?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Entirely understandable. Poll after poll has suggested that the matter of immigration is a key concern for many. There is nothing in the deal to address that issue, as this has been widely discussed before now. Therefore there is nothing in the deal that can address that concern for those people.

Personally I think Dave has dropped a clanger with these negotiations regardless of the content of the deal. By haggling over relatively small matters such as child benefit during a time when Europe faces the greatest migration of people in 70+ years he has made the country look collectively petty and mean spirited on the world stage. Given that the deal also does not address immigration he has underlined that there is nothing that the country can do on this point while it remains in the EU. I believe that this issue alone has increased the chances of an out vote when the time comes. He has also set in motion the mother of all slanging matches within his own party.

Declaring my own hand, and without having seen the deal, I would probably vote to remain in, in a "holding my nose" kind of way.

Agree with much of what you say. I think the 'holding my nose' inners will probably be the decisive section of the population that will swing the vote to a relatively comfortable staying in win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here