Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Park and Ride

D

Deleted member 2719

Old Cement works anyone?

Hmm i wonder why you would want it there mate!!

Can i have it at Fontwell race course???

I would think the cement works is to far to travel for a park and ride as you need a quick turn around surely.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Looking westwards, I'd like to see P&R from some of the car parks in Crowhurst Road and/or Corals Greyhound track, which might even leave scope for deals to the dogs too.

Both these sites are close to the bypass so short travelling times.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
As a resident of Hickstead, There has been no mention of a P&R system put in place. I'm pretty sure they are subject to planning permission. All we know of is the (now cancelled) plan to build an Incinerator nearby.

I'm 50/50 as to whether putting a P&R in Hickstead is a good idea. Obviously its convenient for me, but the road system around Hickstead struggles to cope with the horse show season (three shows in summer), I very much doubt it would handle fortnightly football for the best part of 8/9 months. Besides that, where the hell would you put it? Fields around Hickstead are farmland, most of it arable.

Anyway, as I said before, we've heard nothing. So I don't think its here.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Surely the obvious problem with Hickstead is that sometimes traffic on the A23 queues for miles leading up to the Mill Road roundabout, so on any busy Saturday a bus might only be able to do one journey to the Amex and back. Totally inefficient.

I guess the theory is that there will be a lot less traffic at the A23 leading to Mill Road roundabout as many will be coming off at Hickstead. Maybe enough to free up the left lanes for the buses to get through.

That said, Hickstead does seem a bit far away but better than not having it. As said, probably great for away fans.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm wondering if I dreamt him saying that (see OP) so was anyone else listening and did they hear him say it?

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
I travel from the West and was fed up with going through Worthing midweek at rush hour and changed to going up through washington,steyning and down to the Adur flyover-longer journey but saving me at least 20 mins and the aggro of not moving in the queues at Worthing.So I think the cement works sounds a good idea for P&R and close to A27.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I travel from the West and was fed up with going through Worthing midweek at rush hour and changed to going up through washington,steyning and down to the Adur flyover-longer journey but saving me at least 20 mins and the aggro of not moving in the queues at Worthing.So I think the cement works sounds a good idea for P&R and close to A27.

Hmmmm..... I am liking that....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hmm i wonder why you would want it there mate!!

Can i have it at Fontwell race course???

I would think the cement works is to far to travel for a park and ride as you need a quick turn around surely.

10 mins from flyover, another 5 at stadium end....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here