Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Park and Ride

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think Perry mentioned a new P&R that would be used for the Fat Boy concert and if it worked OK would be brought into immediate use next season. He said it wasn't Lewes side but I didn't get if he actually said where it was .... any ideas?

Process of elimination tells me it would/should be up A23 or maybe Shoreham way?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I can't see that working for the FBS gig, for the type of gig it is, drinking alcohol plays a big part, people won't use a P&R if they're gonna be drinking, I would have thought anyway...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I can't see that working for the FBS gig, for the type of gig it is, drinking alcohol plays a big part, people won't use a P&R if they're gonna be drinking, I would have thought anyway...

TBH I was hugely surprised when he said it, or at least I thought he said it, might have got it completely wrong

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think Perry mentioned a new P&R that would be used for the Fat Boy concert and if it worked OK would be brought into immediate use next season. He said it wasn't Lewes side but I didn't get if he actually said where it was .... any ideas?

Process of elimination tells me it would/should be up A23 or maybe Shoreham way?
I agree very hard to get parked at Mill road if You leave it to late. Shoreham would be great You could also park and use the train as travel starts from Shoreham.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I agree very hard to get parked at Mill road if You leave it to late. Shoreham would be great You could also park and use the train as travel starts from Shoreham.
Perfect for me from North Somerset too as I come through Worthing on the way in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It was actually what he said (or I thought I heard him say) in the planning meeting today ... didn't make that clear. Plenty of others listening in so did he say that?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
When the new academy is built, would this be a good place for a P&R on a match day?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hickstead.

Works for me, I could walk to it from my front door.

And good for most away fans coming down the A23, who, unless they do their research re Mithras House etc, are otherwise trying to get in at Mill Road or parking in Coldean/Moulescoomb. Yes it may take a little while to get to the Amex, but they're only doing it once a season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Surely the obvious problem with Hickstead is that sometimes traffic on the A23 queues for miles leading up to the Mill Road roundabout, so on any busy Saturday a bus might only be able to do one journey to the Amex and back. Totally inefficient.

Y makes perfect sense ... so would need to be nearer ... same as Shoreham I guess

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Surely the obvious problem with Hickstead is that sometimes traffic on the A23 queues for miles leading up to the Mill Road roundabout, so on any busy Saturday a bus might only be able to do one journey to the Amex and back. Totally inefficient.

We do that run by coach every game ( North West Sussex Seagulls seat available for next season) and pass Hickstead we have only had problems with a couple of the early evening games Saturday's are fine and looking at an average of 20 minutes from Hickstead by coach. P&R at Hickstead should improve the journey as less cars on the road to the Amex if they all park at Hickstead.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Not once this season have I had any trouble from Hickstead, it would be a great location for many Mid Sussex Albion fans and away fans.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I sit in the queue at Mill Road as long as it takes me to get to Mill Road from Burgess Hill, a Pick up point at Hickstead direct to the Amex would save me loads of time !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here