Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 23/24

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I suppose they could always go back to some random kits of the past - the all white with a red/blue sash, or all white with claret and blue front, or all claret with yellow (?) stripes?

Not sure there’s another club who changed their colours so dramatically so often, though to be fair that was more like 40 years ago.
If I was them I would just subtly darken the shade a little each year until it sat more in the Barcelona palette. Far better on the eye.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Negotiating an extension whilst other clubs are literally releasing their new kit for sale.

Why does Albion make such hard work of kit supply? Easily the weakest part of the operation (ok, except transport).
Weakest part of the (overall brilliant) operation for me is still the complete lack of visibility of the club in the town centre. You'd think Brighton didn't even have a football team.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good point. But a club shop in town with no kit?
A club shop sells more than just replica kit, in any case a club shop in the city centre is just as much about presence, as the merchandise that it sells, in my view.

But l guess the exhorbitant price of rent etc. etc. . . .

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Negotiating an extension whilst other clubs are literally releasing their new kit for sale.

Why does Albion make such hard work of kit supply? Easily the weakest part of the operation (ok, except transport).
Pretty sure the extension is for 2024 and beyond as current deal still has a year to run.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yep, Genoa and Cagliari over here in Italy are both red and blue halves, but they are darker shades and they look better

TM2506_RED_BLUE_1.jpg

maglia-gara-home-cagliari-calcio-2022-2023.jpg
Is this like that blue gold dress thing from a couple of years ago?

Those shirts are red and black, no?!

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Cagliari making some bold design choices with this effort:
View attachment 161808
Alright I've searched for an explanation online and apparently that's a special edition kit for the St. Ephysius festivity, when the street procession goes over a bed of flower petals. Could have done better with the design and colors in my opinion, they looked like Autumn leaves at a first glance.
NVT51272

If you want some really bad special edition kits look no further than Napoli

Jul 7, 2003
Still something a bit odd to me when I see Adidas and Puma making cricket gear and, even more so, cricket bats!
Macron are the current Ireland test shirt manufacturer. I guess these days, it doesn't matter who your expensive polyester shirt provider is.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Macron are the current Ireland test shirt manufacturer. I guess these days, it doesn't matter who your expensive polyester shirt provider is.
Was in the Real Sociedad club shop in San Sebastian city centre last week. They had plenty of stock for their Macron kit.

Whilst I am in holiday show off mode. I was also walking around the market in San Sebastian wearing a Mitoma T Shirt, when a Japanese man gave me a curious look. He read my T-Shirt and walked off with a huge smile on his face. My fashion sense is usually more likely to generate howls of derision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here