Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Sounds like Newcastle are wearing their training kit against us, albeit with their manky sponsors logos stuck all over it. Looks almost hyperturq, and features their stadium as the design.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sounds like Newcastle are wearing their training kit against us, albeit with their manky sponsors logos stuck all over it. Looks almost hyperturq, and features their stadium as the design.

Actually looks quite nice:

(But who sanctioned three kits that all clashed with Brighton? I thought bringing out three kits in the same colour was our speciality...)

alternate-kit-web.jpg

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Newcastle's new away kit has been launched and it's blue. This means they have one kit of stripes, one kit in blue and third choice in white.
This now means we have to play in our new away kit?

Coming back to this! Funny story…You were right!

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-...e-off-match-shirts-due-to-brighton-kit-clash/

League rules all their kits are too close to ours so they’ve released a crap 4th kit. Bizarrely still quite similar to our home colours. Could have just gone maroon and navy like their classic hooped kit or something but no. What a farce. 😂

EDIT
Just seen above posts.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Coming back to this! Funny story…You were right!

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-...e-off-match-shirts-due-to-brighton-kit-clash/

League rules all their kits are too close to ours so they’ve released a crap 4th kit. Bizarrely still quite similar to our home colours. Could have just gone maroon and navy like their classic hooped kit or something but no. What a farce. 😂

EDIT
Just seen above posts.

It's their training kit! That's weird. And it's still vaguely similar. They want to be us.

Jul 7, 2003
so despite the universal hatred of the home shirt- it (and the away) are selling more and faster than any previous ones-

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2745028/unprecedented-2223-season-shirt-sales

Plenty of away shirts on show Saturday but apart from kids, hardly saw anyone with the new home shirt on. I feel the message about having more stock is the one to pick out of this - they are never going to say sales are slow as that would admit that it is not a popular design.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Plenty of away shirts on show Saturday but apart from kids, hardly saw anyone with the new home shirt on. I feel the message about having more stock is the one to pick out of this - they are never going to say sales are slow as that would admit that it is not a popular design.

i saw plenty of both home and away new shirts- the red stands out more as obviously as it is very bright among a sea of blue and white of various designs. I doubt the club are lying if they are saying its selling better than any other home shirt- a third more apparently which is quite substantial- I have also seen a lot of new shirts being worn around town,

Its quite a divisive kit going by previous comments , but its certainly grown on me, and a lot of other people, to say its not a popular design is somewhat off the mark- maybe not universally popular but unless you think the club are blatantly lying then it certainly is selling well for an unpopular design

Our home shirt is also flying off the shelves, with sales up nearly 30% compared to last season.

Senior retail operations manager, Claire Britton said, “We ordered more kit than we did for the 21/22 season and our fans have shown their love for this year’s shirts by ordering more than they’ve ever done before.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10358935 said:
Ipswich 3rd kit, designed by Ed Sheerhan who's also the sponsor. Quite nice to be honest.

Pretty good at disguising it's Ipswich, I guess.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Our home shirt is also flying off the shelves, with sales up nearly 30% compared to last season.

Senior retail operations manager, Claire Britton said, “We ordered more kit than we did for the 21/22 season and our fans have shown their love for this year’s shirts by ordering more than they’ve ever done before.

Was it last year that they ran out of shirts fairly early on? If the demand is for 15 shirts and you stock 10 - you can only sell 10. If you stock 15 the next year and sell 15, hey presto, a 50% increase in sales, but with the same demand.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Was it last year that they ran out of shirts fairly early on? If the demand is for 15 shirts and you stock 10 - you can only sell 10. If you stock 15 the next year and sell 15, hey presto, a 50% increase in sales, but with the same demand.

the quote was (our fans) ordering more than they have ever done before- so in terms of shirts actually ordered by fans, not just stocked- so the shirts -home and away are selling more than any other previous ones- whether you, I, or whoever likes them or not, unless the club are just making it up, they are more popular than any previous ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here