Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 22/23

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I like this.
6e80218a4c5c12517e3c6051b9545a6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

looks a bit like a childrens wetsuit (maybe just because Lamptey is wearing it though! )

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yup. I like that too although not getting my hopes up as you can guarantee M and L will sell out within one day and despite repeated assurances of further stocks there will only be availability on XXXXL for the rest of the season.

Good, that would suit me fine then! . . . if l should choose to purchase one of course, which l won't.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The betting company logo is rather large...

...on that note, when are betting company logos being banned from shirts?

Looks like they’ve been too heavily lobbied so have bottled it

https://bmmagazine.co.uk/news/new-c...-premier-league-clubs-escape-sponsor-ban/?amp

I feel like the ban will happen eventually. I can see a case for banning-

Betting
Junk food
Alcohol

Advertising from sport because it normalises these harmful behaviours and has a particular impact on children.

The advertising revenue for sport would simply readjust to other sectors. This is what happened when tobacco advertising was banned.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Southampton are unveiling their new kit at 9am. It's basically a plain white shirt with a red stripe down the front. But if you can be bothered, read the marketing guff that goes with it, which I assume will be on their website. Unbelievable nonsense about the stripe symbolising bravery, and there's an NFT involved at some point - well, of course there is. It's 2022 in the Premier League.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Southampton are unveiling their new kit at 9am. It's basically a plain white shirt with a red stripe down the front. But if you can be bothered, read the marketing guff that goes with it, which I assume will be on their website. Unbelievable nonsense about the stripe symbolising bravery, and there's an NFT involved at some point - well, of course there is. It's 2022 in the Premier League.

https://twitter.com/hummel1923/status/1542056371079860224

[tweet]1542056371079860224[/tweet]

White and red, not red and white. That's brave!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think i've ever know a team to change their home shirt design as frequently as Southampton have over the last 10 years. Stripes, not stripes, largely red, largely white. Imagine the horror if Brighton came out with a largely white kit

It's all in the design . . .

bukta.jpg

UXAeniugsfvG03Z.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Isn't that just the inverse colour scheme of their kit from the Keegan days?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Does a central badge on our training kit suggest a central badge on our new playing kit? I hope not

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't think i've ever know a team to change their home shirt design as frequently as Southampton have over the last 10 years. Stripes, not stripes, largely red, largely white. Imagine the horror if Brighton came out with a largely white kit

From the marketing blurb that accompanies the Stains kit launch:

"Created in partnership with hummel, the new Southampton FC home shirt draws inspiration from those worn by the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early 80’s. Reversing the colours of the shirt first worn by trailblazers like Kevin Keegan, Alan Ball and Charlie George, the striking central red stripe and central badge mark a brave new direction for the club.

"Bravery forms a key part of the club’s core identity, wanting to always push the boundaries, challenge the convention and continuously innovate.

"Launched under the campaign, Bold is Brave, the club is celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch. Taking inspiration from the single bold red stripe, the club hopes to inspire its fans to be brave, whatever their challenge is – just as its players seek to be brave on the pitch.

“'Being brave is in our DNA. We’ve always looked for new ways to push boundaries and this season’s kit is no different. As part of this launch, we asked players, staff, and fans what bravery means to them and in time we will be releasing some of these stories. Working with hummel enables us to creatively push our kit designs and this shirt is no different. Celebrating our heritage with a flip on the classic 1980 shirt but modernised with nods to St Mary’s stadium and a bold central badge,' says Sarah Batters, Director of Marketing & Partnerships for Southampton Football Club.

"Southampton FC partnered with hummel because of its shared values and mission to change the world through sport.

"This season’s kit drop has been carefully designed to start conversations. Giving Southampton FC the opportunity to tell the unique stories of the fans, players and people that make the club so special to be part of. Southampton FC asked its fans to tell them what bravery meant to them and what they wished they could do if they were brave. The conversations will shine a light on bravery and a willingness to push boundaries, challenge ourselves or stand out."

Have you ever read such a load of unutterable b*ll*cks?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From the marketing blurb that accompanies the Stains kit launch:

"Created in partnership with hummel, the new Southampton FC home shirt draws inspiration from those worn by the flamboyant and free-flowing Saints side of the early 80’s. Reversing the colours of the shirt first worn by trailblazers like Kevin Keegan, Alan Ball and Charlie George, the striking central red stripe and central badge mark a brave new direction for the club.

"Bravery forms a key part of the club’s core identity, wanting to always push the boundaries, challenge the convention and continuously innovate.

"Launched under the campaign, Bold is Brave, the club is celebrating bravery both on and off the pitch. Taking inspiration from the single bold red stripe, the club hopes to inspire its fans to be brave, whatever their challenge is – just as its players seek to be brave on the pitch.

“'Being brave is in our DNA. We’ve always looked for new ways to push boundaries and this season’s kit is no different. As part of this launch, we asked players, staff, and fans what bravery means to them and in time we will be releasing some of these stories. Working with hummel enables us to creatively push our kit designs and this shirt is no different. Celebrating our heritage with a flip on the classic 1980 shirt but modernised with nods to St Mary’s stadium and a bold central badge,' says Sarah Batters, Director of Marketing & Partnerships for Southampton Football Club.

"Southampton FC partnered with hummel because of its shared values and mission to change the world through sport.

"This season’s kit drop has been carefully designed to start conversations. Giving Southampton FC the opportunity to tell the unique stories of the fans, players and people that make the club so special to be part of. Southampton FC asked its fans to tell them what bravery meant to them and what they wished they could do if they were brave. The conversations will shine a light on bravery and a willingness to push boundaries, challenge ourselves or stand out."

Have you ever read such a load of unutterable b*ll*cks?

I'm sure there was lots of self congratulation from the team of graduates that wrote that collection of meaningless drivel.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A truly unique kit deserves a one-of-a-kind memento. In a Premier League football club first, we’re auctioning off an exclusive one-off NFT alongside each of our three kits for 2022/23 via OpenSea. The recipient of each NFT will also receive the first off-the-line matching physical shirt.

Alternatively, you could withdraw that money from your bank and set fire to it!

:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here