Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Barber said it will be ready for the school holidays, they do not start for another month. Chill.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Heard through a scout that when he handed back in his Errea Kit, he was told he was going to get his Nike kit within two weeks BUT it still hasn't arrived as the order was left too late(?) which has caused the delay of the kit release. He also said it was a possibility the coaching staff will wear unbranded kitwear for the beggining of pre season,although that is unlikely.

Fairly credible although can't quite see how we would have left the order late.

That's funny because I heard from a major Sussex sportswear provider on Friday that there's no delay at all and that the kit order with Nike UK was in time and due to be delivered and released to the media within the next two weeks.

I also heard that Nike UK also were gobsmacked by the size of the order, the largest ever from a non-Premier League team was huge.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Heard through a scout that when he handed back in his Errea Kit, he was told he was going to get his Nike kit within two weeks BUT it still hasn't arrived as the order was left too late(?) which has caused the delay of the kit release. He also said it was a possibility the coaching staff will wear unbranded kitwear for the beggining of pre season,although that is unlikely.

Fairly credible although can't quite see how we would have left the order late.

You are talking crap mate, no one gives old kit back, I still have all of mine. nice try though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So Scouts for the Albion wear a kit to every game they watch - nothing like being incognito, eh. Full kit w*nkers, are they?

Scouts often wear gear pertaining to the club they are working for. Try watching the reserves at Lancing, you'll always see at least one scout there. Last season we even had a chat with a bloke scouting for Cardiff, wearing a Cardiff coat, top, and Cardiff City branded notebook. Obviously he wouldn't tell us who he was watching.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I heard that in a bizarre mix-up the entire order has been delivered to Gus Poyet at Sunderland and he is refusing to release it unless we sell him Will Buckley.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surely will be available before the Lewes friendly on July 5th.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I heard that in order to maximise sales, they were going to release the kit in time for Christmas. Until then the FL have given us special permission to be "skins" in both home and away matches.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You are talking crap mate, no one gives old kit back, I still have all of mine. nice try though.

This was the first thing I thought when reading this story. I've know a couple of pro rugby players, and old kit either gets binned, given away to mates, or used to do the painting in. The club aren't going to need it handing back in.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Scouts often wear gear pertaining to the club they are working for. Try watching the reserves at Lancing, you'll always see at least one scout there. Last season we even had a chat with a bloke scouting for Cardiff, wearing a Cardiff coat, top, and Cardiff City branded notebook. Obviously he wouldn't tell us who he was watching.

Should have bought the programme that always tells you who's playing! :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I heard that in order to maximise sales, they were going to release the kit in time for Christmas. Until then the FL have given us special permission to be "skins" in both home and away matches.

with the Nikeeeey tick?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Any proof, stories or idea what it looks like?

I bet there's loads of proof, comon, he was on WORK EXPERIENCE, they are bound to have shown him all their unreleased stuff.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I bet there's loads of proof, comon, he was on WORK EXPERIENCE, they are bound to have shown him all their unreleased stuff.

But he claims to have "seen the designs for it," so let's hear more. Not an unreasonable request, surely? For example, collar/v-neck/round neck? Thin stripes/big stripes/no stripes?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
But he claims to have seen it, so let's hear more. Not an unreasonable request, surely? For example, collar/v-neck/round neck? Thin stripes/big stripes/no stripes?

Exacatly, just one spoiler please, after all, the ONLY way Nike would have let a work experiencer see it would be because they want him to leak a bit of info, they're probably also cheesed off that he didn't get an out of focus camphone shot of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here