Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New kit, with Amex sponsorship

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
This is absolute shit.

Real disappointment given the potential was there to do something lovely with the new sponsor's blue and white logo.

Hate the fat stripes, hate the prevalence of white, hate the stupid collar, hate the HUGE gap left by the sponsor logo but worst of all I HATE HATE HATE that absolute DISASTER on the back where the AmEx logo is in its natural shade of light blue, completely clashing with our own royal blue. What were they thinking?

Looking forward to this season's shirt being reduced in the shop so I can buy a fresh one to wear when my current one wears out because I will NOT be buying this new heap of shit.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I agree that it's been designed with Amex in mind but if that means they are giving a few more quid then GOOD.

Is the right answer.

It wouldn't matter what the design was, some would love it, some would hate it and many would be in-between.

Most of us will get used to it and the kit won't make the slightest difference to the way we play.... but the Amex sponsorship might....

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Originally Posted by HawkTheSeagull
Meh, didnt really want Amex

May I ask why?

Because if ever the question 'where were you when we were shit?' can be asked of anyone, it's them. Could have played a major part financially in the late 80's/early 90's (and helped prevent the subsequent events) but didn't want to know. **** 'em!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Anyone else slightly OCD about the fact the 'Express' is not centrally aligned?
I am now you've mentioned it - thanks :D

Having looked at the studio shots rather than the Amex photo I've decided the blue is actually OK but still don't like the yellow round the edge.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
At least we will have God on our side, what with that large white crucifix on the front of our shirts!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think the first pic on here taken at the Amex doesn't do it justice. Looking at the studio shots on the official site it looks much better.

Agree after a few more pages on this thread i started liking it after seeing the pics of Bridcutt wearing it
Seeing the first photo of that fat bird wearing it with the Ill fitting shorts and Greer not doing it much justice either with the socks over his knees , that first photo just looked messy a very bad photo shoot
So I've come to the conclusion I LIKE IT now but didn't at first

Oct 11, 2005
London
Lots of clubs offer their supporters the chance to vote for their preferred shirt design... it's nice and democratic. For some reason though, our club never does!

D

Deleted member 22389

Possibly the biggest shirt sponsor we have had since British Caledonian

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
This is absolute shit.

Real disappointment given the potential was there to do something lovely with the new sponsor's blue and white logo.

Hate the fat stripes, hate the prevalence of white, hate the stupid collar, hate the HUGE gap left by the sponsor logo but worst of all I HATE HATE HATE that absolute DISASTER on the back where the AmEx logo is in its natural shade of light blue, completely clashing with our own royal blue. What were they thinking?

Looking forward to this season's shirt being reduced in the shop so I can buy a fresh one to wear when my current one wears out because I will NOT be buying this new heap of shit.

Emphatically this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here