[Albion] New kit, with Amex sponsorship

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
BFPQobjCMAA7FEZ.jpg

At least it tie's in with the seats in the dug out!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's horrible and makes us look like a League 2 team.

Im not normally one to really care about kit's but aside from the fact this one looks like a Tesco carrier bag, Im a bit frustrated at how it appears to have been made for an "Amex FC" team if you see what I mean? Looks to me like every part of the kit has been designed so that the Amex logo is as visible as possible. That said I'd imagine (or hope) they have given us a fair sum to be put on our shirts, just looks like the shirt has been designed in a way by them its a very un-albion looking kit. Not a fan.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton and Hove Albion are blue and white. Not white and blue. Not 'white with a few blue bits'.

My favourite colour is blue because it's the Albion's colour. I quite often buy stuff in blue because it's the Albion's colour. I never consider white to be the Albion's colour.

Therefore, I'm out.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Horrible. Will stick to the current home.

Its nearly as bad as the current Palace shirt.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Our badge looks bigger than last year, collar is horrendous, stripes are fine, yellow bits are LUSH, you can use the logo on the back of the neck to buy things in shops

Like (despite the collar)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I will say one thing positive, however. I think it's good that the Amex logo is in the same shade of blue as the few bits of blue on the shirt and not in the typical Amex sky blue. That would have been horrible.

(I'm aware the small Amex logo on the back is in the sky blue.)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My very first thought was 'Ugh', but actually within a few minutes it had grown on me. No unnecessary flashes, splashes or shades, no 'Gingham' background like those awful Man U shirts - we've definitely had worse. Also one of my favourite shirts was the all-white one we had back in the 1970s so I love the white.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Im not normally one to really care about kit's but aside from the fact this one looks like a Tesco carrier bag, Im a bit frustrated at how it appears to have been made for an "Amex FC" team if you see what I mean? Looks to me like every part of the kit has been designed so that the Amex logo is as visible as possible. That said I'd imagine (or hope) they have given us a fair sum to be put on our shirts, just looks like the shirt has been designed in a way by them its a very un-albion looking kit. Not a fan.

I agree that it's been designed with Amex in mind but if that means they are giving a few more quid then GOOD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports