Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit Thread

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
when will the gb be playing away at the london olympics? :lolol:

Depends who they are drawn against. Just because we are the host, we are not necessarily guaranteed to be the designated 'home' team for every match we play. This is especially so in the knockout stages, where the 'home' and 'away' teams are decided when the tournament draw is made - months before anybody knows which teams will be competing these matches.

In the Rugby World Cup final, France were designated the 'home' team, but chose to wear their away kit so that New Zealand could wear their home kit, being the host. I don't think this kind of respectful gesture seems to exist in modern day football.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Chelsea:

ChelseaGroup.jpg

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4846107 said:

Whats all this? I thought we were keeping both the current Home and Away kits for next season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We don't have a third kit currently, do we?

Last one was that all white one last season.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Why do we need an away kit?

and pray tell how they will play in an away venue............

In answer to your questions, I'll just re-quote myself:
Depends who we are drawn against. Just because we are the host, we are not necessarily guaranteed to be the designated 'home' team for every match we play. This is especially so in the knockout stages, where the 'home' and 'away' teams are decided when the tournament draw is made - months before anybody knows which teams will be competing these matches.

In the Rugby World Cup final, France were designated the 'home' team, but chose to wear their away kit so that New Zealand could wear their home kit, being the host. I don't think this kind of respectful gesture seems to exist in modern day football.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday almost always have the best blue and white kit in the land. This seaons is an absolute beauty.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks Strings. I assume you're on Stella's pay roll. As the only reason for an away kit is money.

As I understand it these shirts will not be available for sale to the public, so I guess it's only Stella & Adidas who will be making any money out of these designs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here